Meshuggah Cover - 8 string ULTRA tone test.

KarlSolace

Fiddling around with my ULTRA a while back, I decided to do an instrumental version of Meshuggah's Do Not Look Down.

http://soundcloud.com/karlschubach/meshuggah-cover-do-not-look

Comments, suggestions on the tone are greatly appreciated. I was really focusing on dialing in the low end clarity on the F string. I'll post the patch if anyone cares to mess with it too. Thanks!

(Ibanez RG2228 w/ Bare Knuckle Coldsweat bridge)

Last edited:
Hi.
Well done!!! that was very tight!!
Great playing. WOuld you mind sharing that preset with me?
I'm not much of a production guy. BUt the drum and guitar tracks are awesome.
Take care.

HI Magoga.
I know you've been in the forum for a long time. I just got my used Ultra like a month ago.
COuld you please explain what do you mean with " fat lead tone" ? How would you dial-in to get "more fat lead tone" ?
Thanks a lot. :)

Magoga, I completely agree. But as of right now, I only have the bridge pickup connected in my guitar so my lead tones will always be lacking in the low end until I get another bareknuckle in the neck position. :(

As for the others asking, I will post the patch when I get home from work and extract it from the Ultra. Thanks!

Here's the 8 String patch. Anyone that wants to tweak it, feel free to post your modifications! Keep in mind I did some slight post processing after the guitars were tracked, but this patch should give you a great starting point. Go!

Attachments

• DNLD.syx
    2 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom