Mesa Mark IV Effects Loop Help

So I finally got around to hooking up my Axe FX II XL to the effects loop of my Mesa Mark IV. I first upgraded the firmware to the latest (17.04). I loaded Axe Edit on the laptop and proceeded to create a preset in bank 400. I put a shunt from input to output and dropped a chorus block in the middle. The effects loop send of the Mark IV was connected to Input 2 Left (mono) and the Output 2 Left was connected to the Mark IV effects loop return (Mono). I plugged into the Mesa and played through the clean channel. Everything sounded good. So I proceeded to engage the effects loop and ...... Nothing. No sound. I turned the Output 2 knob on the front of the AXE to 50% and then to 100% and still no sound. I can see that the axe is getting signal as the input signal lights for Input 2 on the front light up when I strum. For the life of me I can not figure out why I can not get any output from the unit. I tried changing inputs and outputs on the back of the AXE but to no avail. Can anyone clue me in on what I am doing wrong or what I can do to get this working correctly? Thanks in advance.
Scott

Last edited:
are you trying to have the axe only in the loop or are you trying 4 cable method? if you want the axe completely in the loop effects send to input 1 and return to axe out put 1 if 4 cable method you have to insert a fx loop block in the axe effects chain. you may have to adjust the input and output settings to accomplish either method depending on how they are set at this point. try the wiki Connecting using 4CM with combo or preamp - Axe-Fx II Wiki FXL - Axe-Fx II Wiki

to send sound from the axe-fx to output 2 you gotta put in the fx loop block after the effects you want sent through output 2

I put a shunt from input to output and dropped a chorus block in the middle. The effects loop send of the Mark IV was connected to Input 2 Left (mono) and the Output 2 Left was connected to the Mark IV effects loop return (Mono)
Use Input 1 and Output 1. Those are connected to the AxeFX grid by default. It is possible to do it with In/Out 2 but that needs some routing inside the Axe.

Thanks Guys for the Help. I got it up and working great. I did have to switch the input from the front to the rear for Input one. Here is another question, is there a way to assign which input to use by patch? I would like to use a few presets exclusively for effects through the amps loop which would require the use of the Axe rear input and then use other presets for night time practice/playing (with head phones) where I would use the instrument input on the front.

Thanks Again,
Scott

I am not sure(I do not use the loop) but if you use the 4 cable method I think you can just build a patch with out the loop in it.

Back
Top Bottom