Wish Mesa Boogie Roadster / Road King

well I have tried your settings ! I am not conviced . I have done 2 presets, one with a recto with minimum tweak, one with your advanced settings with exaclty the same amp settings etc. the sound is slightly different but muffled , super bassy etc .
yep not conviced . It s not like i said : here is my roadking back ! but thank you . for those who wants to try, they are in attached link . roadking test are "mixermang" settings . the other nothing special, the recto with super minimal tweaks .

master on 2 of dual rec models is already distorting a lot, depending on what speaker curve you have set as default master volume 2 already falls apart in the bass, i put master at ~1. Also dual rec / roadster / roadking have bright cap of 1nF on red modern, models load with 250pF.

i just changed master to 1, bright cap up, treble up, presence up, speaker impedance to 0.9, supply sag up, LF freq to 95Hz, HF freq to 1233Hz, speaker compression up, Excursion time up,

Attachments

• roadking test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
There's no language barrier here - you are suggesting that the very real experiences of a group of people don't exit - they do - as I said above, - do you think leftys want to be playing left handed? most of us don't - it's a pita in so many ways but it's a very real natural preference that presents itself on day 1 for many activities. You are suggesting that's it's all just whatever one practices / grooves in - that's just not the case. Perhaps you need to settle down and think about how you approach others' in terms of understanding and relating to their real experiences.
I just realize that you wrote a golf example too . they are so many . Imagine us telling to righties to use left handed scissors because it is "like this" . It can be so funny to watch them use a left handed scissors hahaha . thats mad .
sure it s not a choice . How many time I cried seing all the guitars I cannot have . Now It's better, but before internet, my godddd how it was hard to find a good looking guitar ...

Last edited:
master on 2 of dual rec models is already distorting a lot, depending on what speaker curve you have set as default master volume 2 already falls apart in the bass, i put master at ~1. Also dual rec / roadster / roadking have bright cap of 1nF on red modern, models load with 250pF.

i just changed master to 1, bright cap up, treble up, presence up, speaker impedance to 0.9, supply sag up, LF freq to 95Hz, HF freq to 1233Hz, speaker compression up, Excursion time up,
this time is worst than the first one :tongueclosed: . well , "the roadking is out there" like mulder said .

It makes perfect sense to me that a lefty would want to pick with their dominant hand. That's exactly how I play as a right handed player. Not counting legato technique, the picking hand creates the note and the fretting hand tunes it. The picking hand is the "driver".

here is the fist one with your advanced settings but with just some light adjustment that make it way better (to me) , but here we are just dialing the recto red in the end, not doing a roadking ;)

Attachments

• 449_roadking test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
just a question, are you in 19.01 with an axe 3 ? when I drop your last preset in my preset list, the name is wrong and it sound the same than the previous one (the 2nd) wtf .

just a question, are you in 19.01 with an axe 3 ? when I drop your last preset in my preset list, the name is wrong and it sound the same than the previous one (the 2nd) wtf .

yeah 19.01, i took the slash out of the name now

Attachments

• roadster and roadking.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
once I levelled the preset it's ok (the "roadster") , but the advanced parameter eats the sound in the "roadking" . I m not fan of these parameters globally (for the type of sound I m looking for) , every time I tweak them, it s so subtil that it doesnt matter or it adds eq or volume etc but the more you tweak them, the more the amp sounds "eaten" . the attack is corroded
When you reboot the amp block and just turn down some bass you rediscover the amp ! less is more as ever :)

the tone I like is to have the amp like it is, the more natural possible, and use things to tighten the attack, silent him, high and low cuts to have nice palm mutes , dont like boomy tones . huge, natural, and tight . and you should do compromise because boost add shit on the tone and make them synthetic, so thats a daily battle . I try to not use boost pedal as much that I can, sometimes you are obliged .. depends the model . the roadking and roadster are super ugly without a boost, that s why I sell them . It was a mess to have the channel 1 perfectly clean to channel 3 + boost , so ... JP2C do that .

the amp sounds "eaten" . the attack is corroded

corroded attack perfectly characterizes roadster/roadking sound compared to dual rec, unless you crank tf out of them and use sheer volume as the attack element, 3 channel dual rec (THE SOLO HEAD) and single rec retain lighting attack in their preamp...reborn 100w head (Recto 2) is just a brightened roadster/roadking circuit, preamp breakup is like a butter knife

corroded attack perfectly characterizes roadster/roadking sound compared to dual rec, unless you crank tf out of them and use sheer volume as the attack element, 3 channel dual rec (THE SOLO HEAD) and single rec retain lighting attack in their preamp...reborn 100w head (Recto 2) is just a brightened roadster/roadking circuit, preamp breakup is like a butter knife
thats why I used a boost with these amp, I cannot play with a dist like that . in a punk and chords bands maybe yes , but for metal no . (I love both, thats not a judgment)

Back
Top Bottom