mesa Boogie MK5 with the FX8

al3d

Does anyone use the Fractal audio FX8 with a MK5?...i'm trying to find out how compatible the unit is wht the MK5..:)

Thanks

I use the FX8 switching jacks

Take a stereo (or called TRS) cable from the fx8 and then gave it split into two mono jacks. So you have one stereo jack socket on one end and two mono sockets on the other end. Put one of the mono sockets into channel 2 of the MK5 and the other into channel 3 of the MK5.

Go into the relay switch settings of the fx8 and select for each scene

None- for clean
Tip for channel 2
Ring for channel 3 (these may be reversed depending on what end is plugged in to which socket)

Then you can do the same for the solo and eq socket. If you only want solo then you can use a standard mono instrument cable and go from the FX8 to the MK5 solo socket.

Let me know how you get on

I just re-cabled my switching. Best-tronis
SKU: GI10-ZZ-XX. One cable (TRS) with wye on end (TR) to relay on back of MBV. I use scene switching right now. FX8 works great.

Does anyone use the Fractal audio FX8 with a MK5?...i'm trying to find out how compatible the unit is wht the MK5..:)

Thanks
Hi I use the FX8 4cm with my MK V it works a treat, I now have it switching my channels as described below, it works really well. The fx distortions work very well with the dirty channel. You need one of these

Thanks

You need one of these pro snake TPY 2003 BPP got mine from Thoman. And a TRS cable, both ends need to have the stereo connector got mine off eBay. Really easy to set up.

Hello,
I just got my AX8 yesterday and after reading some of the details from other users on here using the unit with some of the Mesa Boogie Mark amps was wondering if anyone has experience or could give me any advice / lessons learned for using the unit with my Mesa Mark IIC+ as far as switching, cabling, etc.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom