Mesa Boogie Mark IV

I'd say around $1500 in good shape. Which version is it? A, B, Widebody, standard black tolex or custom cover or wood?

That's the high end imo. I bought one ten years ago for less than that in consignment from Mesa. 1300 tops. I wouldn't pay much more than a grand for one.

It's not a wide body-has that bamboo look type grille, regular black tolex I believe. I will at least talk to the guy on the telephone. Thanks for chiming in.

That's the wicker cane grille. My combo had that too. It's a great amp. Tons of great tones and flexibility. Heavy as a steamboat anchor though. Get casters for sure. My back couldn't take it for long, so I built a head cab and two thiele cabinets for it. Much easier to manage, especially on stairs, and the thiele cabs have better bass response that the open back combo cab.

That's the wicker cane grille. My combo had that too. It's a great amp. Tons of great tones and flexibility. Heavy as a steamboat anchor though. Get casters for sure. My back couldn't take it for long, so I built a head cab and two thiele cabinets for it. Much easier to manage, especially on stairs, and the thiele cabs have better bass response that the open back combo cab.
Ok thanks for the info...Appreciate it.

45 lbs. is definitely more manageable. A good bit of the old Mark IV combos' weight was the EV speakers. Those speakers alone weigh nearly 20 lbs. I feel sorry for the folks that lug around those old Boogie half back 4x12 cabs loaded with 4 of those monsters and a steel grate for a grille. Talk about a hernia factory!

45 lbs. is definitely more manageable. A good bit of the old Mark IV combos' weight was the EV speakers. Those speakers alone weigh nearly 20 lbs. I feel sorry for the folks that lug around those old Boogie half back 4x12 cabs loaded with 4 of those monsters and a steel grate for a grille. Talk about a hernia factory!

That was part of my decision. Haven't done anything yet. BTW, the preice for the MKIV is $1,100....and it is the one you said. Looks very cool indeed. I know it would sound great. even though I don't play out much anymore. I would want something i can drag around to a jam or a wedding. I mean besides my AX8.

Thanks guys for the info.................

Back
Top Bottom