Mesa boogie is teasing the mark VII

That control layout looks so cramped I can't imagine turning one knob without accidentally adjusting another(big gecko fingers here)...
Once you find your settings you never touch them anymore. This is the main difference between my head and the axe, where I always do a little tweak somewhere every time I power it up. The head never disappoint and always sound good. I ask myself many times about the why. Probably because once it’s filtered through an ir, the tone is more focus in a frequency.
a amp in the room it’s different. You don’t have a high harsh frequency or this or that you want to remove or that disturb you the day after

Once you find your settings you never touch them anymore. This is the main difference between my head and the axe, where I always do a little tweak somewhere every time I power it up. The head never disappoint and always sound good. I ask myself many times about the why. Probably because once it’s filtered through an ir, the tone is more focus in a frequency.
a amp in the room it’s different. You don’t have a high harsh frequency or this or that you want to remove or that disturb you the day after
im guilty of this too. I have a little 3W blackstar fly bluetooth amp that I use for practice sometimes just because I dont go down tweaking rabbitholes. I love my FM9 dearly and use it the most, but sometimes i just end up tweaking. Often I will just change factory presets every day because my ears find a different type of voice or EQ refreshing. But live I stick to my main preset (s).

im guilty of this too. I have a little 3W blackstar fly bluetooth amp that I use for practice sometimes just because I dont go down tweaking rabbitholes. I love my FM9 dearly and use it the most, but sometimes i just end up tweaking. Often I will just change factory presets every day because my ears find a different type of voice or EQ refreshing. But live I stick to my main preset (s).
I have one of those blackstar fly too, killer little amp hm? 😅

I have to admit that I like the channel layouts a fair bit here, but I'm not sure I'm impressed by the overall sound the way I was by some early Mark V demos. But historically Boogie has always been terrible at demoing their own sounds. I'm looking forward to seeing artist demos of the unit too.

Edit: Boogie also does themselves no favours by demoing the 1x12 version, and sending that out to folks like Sweetwater. One Youtube video I found got better cab sounds out of the CabClone feature than the 1x12 amp gets with its tiny enclosure.

Last edited:
I go way back with the MK series, and this one sounds like it fits in perfectly based on a couple quick YT videos. At $3500 for the head it's kind of in that JCM800 category for me, will always like that sound but it's an Axe FX patch for me anymore. I have a Mesa MW dual and a fender HRD4 to scratch whatever real amp itch I get but that's about it.

Just listened to some demos. It really sounds so much different than anything else out there.

giphy.gif

I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this all day. I’d be much more interested in this if it were a group of new sounds. A real new Mark, for the first time since the IV. Same channel and EQ arrangement as the JP-2C.

Recycling the classics rather than creating a wholly new thing is, at least for me, disappointing. (Although I still want a JP-2C.)

I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this all day. I’d be much more interested in this if it were a group of new sounds. A real new Mark, for the first time since the IV. Same channel and EQ arrangement as the JP-2C.

Recycling the classics rather than creating a wholly new thing is, at least for me, disappointing. (Although I still want a JP-2C.)
On the bright side, there’s about to be an influx of Mark series amps hitting the used market.

That control layout looks so cramped I can't imagine turning one knob without accidentally adjusting another(big gecko fingers here)...
On the FIVE the top row is cramped due to the enclosure, as are the eq preset knobs for the 3 channels. You adapt, but it is tight.

Yes, seems like living in past a bit. Not paving new sounds like the amps it's "modeling". Still sounds killer.

I got my MkV as soon as they came out in 2009. It doesn't have the Cab Clone feature.
I like the new additions on the MkVII. However, I'm wondering why they eliminated
the Preset/Auto EQ controls. They are really useful. We already had the 3 Ch Verb controls
on the back. Now they're on the front, replacing the EQ preset controls.

I haven't used my MkV live since getting the Ultra in 2011. It is a great amp though.
I still use the the MkV at home with a Captor X Load box.

I admit I was fighting the urge to get the VII, but I knew it would just sit around like the V.
Maybe I'll change my mind down the road, but I've already got a IIB, IIC+, III, IV, V and TA15.
Plus the Axe III & FM9, which do a good job of modelling the mark amps..

They skipped the mark 6 because the MB team thought it was a more than 1 version upgrade. There is also a rumor that Randall Smith is 77 this year and he liked 7?

Also saw Fluff mention something about Peavey already having a MkVI Series.
So maybe to avoid confusion or infringement?

Back
Top Bottom