Mesa 2:100?

somata

Inspired
Has anyone used the Mesa 2:100 with the Axe FX 2? I'm looking to go back to a 4x12 for playing live and found one for a good price. I'm not crazy about changing 8 tubes, but it looks like a pretty killer poweramp.

I used one with my Ultra. Killer Amp. Your gonna have to try it for yourself. If your looking for FRFR this is not the amp as it will color your tone. (color as in skittles)

I've been using a 2:100 with my Axe2 for the last month or so (A matrix gt1600 before that). It's for sure a great power amp. I keep the "modern" mode almost always engaged. It's good stuff, real tough sounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t use a 2:100 but did use for long time the 2:90 on the ULTRA and on the II.
It’s a great amp as long as you use ONLY this amp and not switching between other power amps as it colors the hell of the sound!
I switched lately to Matrix GT1000, less $$$, less weight, less maintenance (tubes ?) if any, less space in my rack, I'm much less concerned to take it out and be afraid it will be damaged and its not coloring the sound.
Above all my back is happy.
O and yes, I run a 4x12 and can even push 2 of this 4x12 without a problem.
BUT……in terms of brutal, I think the 2:90 was more brut, more aggressive in the sound, more like….hmmmm bad ? (in a good way of course).
But although that, I've decided to stay with the Matrix due to the mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom