Memory Corruption again

PosterBoy

Inspired
and again it looks like the internal battery is to blame.

I very rarely unplug my axe fx from the mains. But had to this week and some of my favourite patches were silent. I investigated to find, shunts missing or the mix parameter had changed from mix=0% to some patches plain missing.

I put them all back to normal last night and then left it unplugged and again this morning more corruption.

The battery was replace in this just over a year ago when I had a similar problem.

Is this normal?

That doesn't sound normal to me... I have had my standard a little over 3 years now without have to change the stock internal battery at all.

Doesn't sound good that
(.gif

Could be that you got an old/bad battery last year too - these things DO happen from time to time. Happened to me on more than one occasion with various modules/servers. Could also be that something else is causing the battery to drain more rapidly than usual. You had all your presets backed up I hope?

Just thought I should reply that Fractal support came back to me very quickly confirming that it was the battery causing this. Cheap generic ones don't last long in this application.

I learnt to back up my presets more often too!!!

Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom