meloaudio midi commander - latest firmware setup file needed

Sydchotti

Hi all,
I tried searching for any leads on the forum but couldn't find any. I just got a used unit off a friend and was hoping to control the axefx 3 with it.
The website seems to not have it, I would be grateful if anyone can help with the latest firmware file, the current one does not support scene switching.
Cheers!

It looks like the site stopped supporting it entirely? I can't even find the manual. I can use the basic axe fx preset but I cant get it to do scene changes, or assign a midi switch to the looper.

I was able to dig up some info using the Internet Wayback Machine to browse old cached versions of the website from last year.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220315070346/https://meloaudio.com/pages/manual

It looks like you have to install the device driver for the DFU manager to detect it. Connect the usb cable, find the device in Windows Device Manager (it's probably showing as an unknown device), right click it and choose Update Driver, choose Browse my computer for a driver, Point the driver dialog to "C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\DfuSe v3.0.6\Bin\Driver" and it should find it and install it. Once installed it should then show up in the DFU manager.

Thank you @mr_fender, I reinstalled the driver & ran the DFU demo, and it installed the scene mode (attached below), shows as SCN-7. But it still wont change the scenes, I however can change banks by using the up & down keys.
alternatively tried installing the cc mode, which would allow me to jump banks using A B C & D. (also attached here for posterity's sake since this product seems to be rather orphaned now).
Any idea about what I', missing here.

Attachments

• DFU_Package_SCENE_7D (2).zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
  • DFU_Package_Update_CCBANKs (3).zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-03-10 at 12.42.46_99924ae7.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-10 at 12.42.46_99924ae7.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 5
By default, there are no CC#'s assigned to MIDI features in the Axe III. In the MIDI/Remote menu > Other page select Scene Select and hit Enter to use the learn feature to assign it to whichever CC# the controller is using. After you hit the Enter button, push one of the scene select buttons on the controller and it should learn the CC# it's using.

Hi, I just bought a MeloAudio Midi Commander 2nd hand off FB Marketplace and my PC won’t recognize it. I want to use it on my PC only for looper and Amp sim control.
Q. I can’t find a firmware update anywhere but I see you posted 2 above. Will either of them fix my problem?
I tried "C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\DfuSe v3.0.6\Bin\Driver" but it said 'Best Driver is already still showing Unknown Device on Win 11.
Also If anyone has a copy of the Momentary Control (MOME) Firmware package, I'd be very grateful for a share as it's a dead link in WayBack Machine.

Last edited:
I think this unit is out of production but the Harley Benton midi controller is identical so maybe it’s software works?

Not sure if it would help in what you are wanting to accomplish, but I have most the software saved for this, from 2022. I have the firmware, newest scene mode, scene mode for AxeFx 3, windows dfu program, and the manual. I can make a Dropbox for this if anyone still wants or needs it!

Not sure if it would help in what you are wanting to accomplish, but I have most the software saved for this, from 2022. I have the firmware, newest scene mode, scene mode for AxeFx 3, windows dfu program, and the manual. I can make a Dropbox for this if anyone still wants or needs it!
Great news jfkelly! Can you please share ‘’MOMENTARY CONTROL MODE’’ (or AKA ‘MOME’) BIOS upgrade?

It is. I emailed them asking for BIOS upgrade links and they said the no longer support it. Good news is I got mine working with NUC which only has USB3 ports: I bought a cheap USB 2 hub off Amazon and went through that to my NUC PC. The thing that I dislike most is that when switching banks (up/down) it always sends a Program Change or CC message.

Back
Top Bottom