Me And The Axe-Fx 2

Dillonski

Inspired
Hi guys,
I wanted to share my thoughts on the Axe-Fx 2 and why I personally use one. I'll try keep this short and to the point.

I started out as a Guitarist with a fairly traditional rig, my first valve amps were the Orange Dark Terror and then an EVH 5153. Both of which were amazing amps in their own right but there was always something missing. I still to this day don't know what was missing but with every valve rig I've played I never had that moment where I truly connected with a valve amp.

In 2015 I started studying Music at University and on the course I am expected to be able to play a wide variety of styles and to achieve an authentic tone while doing so. With this I decided to take the plunge and purchase the only rig I knew could give me any tone I desired and needed, the Axe-Fx 2.
I took a big risk buying the Axe-Fx, I sold my 5153 and all my pedals in order to fund it and I had never used or heard one in person before. But I'm so glad I did. Since purchasing the Axe-Fx I have become a much better player as I feel more inspired to play. Every time I plug in I get instant inspiration and songs have even been born because the Axe-Fx tones I've stumbled on.

After I finish my degree I hope to have a career as either a studio session player or doing Musical theatre work and with the Axe-Fx I know I am perfectly set-up to do either. I just need to work very hard over these next few years to achieve my goals.

The Axe-Fx is easily the best purchase I have ever made and I recommend it to anyone.
To answer the common question of "is it worth the money?", it's worth a hell of a lot more.

Cheers everyone, keep on rockin'!

Hi guys,
I wanted to share my thoughts on the Axe-Fx 2 and why I personally use one. I'll try keep this short and to the point.

I started out as a Guitarist with a fairly traditional rig, my first valve amps were the Orange Dark Terror and then an EVH 5153. Both of which were amazing amps in their own right but there was always something missing. I still to this day don't know what was missing but with every valve rig I've played I never had that moment where I truly connected with a valve amp.

In 2015 I started studying Music at University and on the course I am expected to be able to play a wide variety of styles and to achieve an authentic tone while doing so. With this I decided to take the plunge and purchase the only rig I knew could give me any tone I desired and needed, the Axe-Fx 2.
I took a big risk buying the Axe-Fx, I sold my 5153 and all my pedals in order to fund it and I had never used or heard one in person before. But I'm so glad I did. Since purchasing the Axe-Fx I have become a much better player as I feel more inspired to play. Every time I plug in I get instant inspiration and songs have even been born because the Axe-Fx tones I've stumbled on.

After I finish my degree I hope to have a career as either a studio session player or doing Musical theatre work and with the Axe-Fx I know I am perfectly set-up to do either. I just need to work very hard over these next few years to achieve my goals.

The Axe-Fx is easily the best purchase I have ever made and I recommend it to anyone.
To answer the common question of "is it worth the money?", it's worth a hell of a lot more.

Cheers everyone, keep on rockin'!

Hey,
How much was your learning curve? I am in the market for one. I have used multi effects all my life not as high end as the axe fx but was into boss and line 6 stuff. Also I have a Marshall JVM right now. Do you think I will be using that much once I have the axe fx? Thanks

Your JVM will be collecting dust, trust me. I have been trying to fund one for years and still trying.
If you can post on this forum, then you will have no trouble with axe. Just use Axe-edit and it's all
right in front of you. Take your pick of gear and go. I have owned every modeler there is, aside from the
axe, :(, but I can assure you there is nothing better. Take the plunge, it is worth it. I don't even have one yet
and I can tell you that will be extremely happy. I wouldn't bother typing all of this, If I did not believe in the product.
I am a lurker, but can say enough, how good the black box is.

Your JVM will be collecting dust, trust me. I have been trying to fund one for years and still trying.
If you can post on this forum, then you will have no trouble with axe. Just use Axe-edit and it's all
right in front of you. Take your pick of gear and go. I have owned every modeler there is, aside from the
axe, :(, but I can assure you there is nothing better. Take the plunge, it is worth it. I don't even have one yet
and I can tell you that will be extremely happy. I wouldn't bother typing all of this, If I did not believe in the product.
I am a lurker, but can say enough, how good the black box is.

Thanks for the reply. I am already excited even though I haven't found one yet :)

Hey,
How much was your learning curve? I am in the market for one. I have used multi effects all my life not as high end as the axe fx but was into boss and line 6 stuff. Also I have a Marshall JVM right now. Do you think I will be using that much once I have the axe fx? Thanks

It's quite simple to use. The first day I got mine I couldn't understand the User Interface on the Unit itself but I learnt how it all worked relatively quickly. However, if you get Axe-Edit (Which is a MUST!), it is so easy!
Regarding your JVM, you'll probably sell it when you get the Axe-Fx, I'll be surprised if you want to touch it again when you realise what the Axe-Fx can do for you! :)

One thing I will say is give the Axe-Fx chance. On the first day I got it I was far from blown away. The factory presets didn't blow me away but once I learned to create my own presets... Lets just say there is no way I'm going back to a valve amp.

Get one and you won't regret it!

Back
Top Bottom