Maybe my coolest patch thus far....

Philip

Inspired
So, I just posted the patch link in the patch trading forum- but I wanted to post here and just say that I have been working on a patch for U2's Mysterious Ways on the Axe-fx. I am getting very close. The Axe-fx rules. I am so sick of taking other gear to shows. Guitars and Axe-fx only! Here I come!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_01w--gt9J0

-Phil

Very cool. You know: you really sound like the guy who does the You Suck at Photoshop lessons. :)

not in there. Nothing amazing in the amps. Just the topboost and the blue cab, but the cab is bypassed in that video, as I am running through my 2X12.

-Phil

this is SOOOOOO helpful. thanks for sharing.

I wish some of the other 'pros' would do things like this. Kudos to you for taking that step. :D

finstah said:
this is SOOOOOO helpful. thanks for sharing.

I wish some of the other 'pros' would do things like this. Kudos to you for taking that step. :D

Pro?!?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is generous!

-Phil

Super patch!
one question...
When I hit the strings it seems to modulate down correctly, but is too slow to come back up...(if that makes sense)
What param do I adjust to fix that?
sorry if it's a dumb question...I never messed with this kinda thing...
Again...great patch, thanks for taking the time!

Cool vid very well done. I like how you stick to the nuts and bolts of what you have done and not go down any rabbit trails.

Six

guitarded said:
Super patch!
one question...
When I hit the strings it seems to modulate down correctly, but is too slow to come back up...(if that makes sense)
What param do I adjust to fix that?
sorry if it's a dumb question...I never messed with this kinda thing...
Again...great patch, thanks for taking the time!

Yeah, this is what I talk about in the video. It doesn't pop back out like on the A3. I think there is a way to do it. Maybe with an ASDR. For now, what I do is have the envelope set so that if I lower the pressure on my left hand enough for the strings to mute, then the envelope will snap back and you can trigger it again.

On thing I forgot to make clear is that I actually have to play this song a little differently on the axe-fx patch to make it sound close to the A3. I fI play it with the same dynamic as I play it on the A3, it sounds totally wrong. So, after you get the patch dialed in- work on getting the dynamics right for the patch to work properly.

-Phil

Thanks Philip.

I am just now starting to explore the use of envelopes and LFO's as effect controllers and your tutorial has been a very helpful introduction.

Please keep us updated on any discoveries or changes you make.

Hopefully Cliff may be able to help on this as well.

Guys, here is the sysex file for Philip's tutorial: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/870088/Ax ... C30%29.syx -- still good to walk through his video to learn the bit about the filter block and it being tied to the envelope controller. That bit is just genius. A word of caution: I'm using my Global Amp block 1 (dirty AC30) for this -- I don't know if that information gets stored in the sysex for the patch or not, so if you've already got a global amp block 1 maybe back it up before you send this to your Axe-Fx.

iaresee said:
Guys, here is the sysex file for Philip's tutorial: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/870088/Ax ... C30%29.syx -- still good to walk through his video to learn the bit about the filter block and it being tied to the envelope controller. That bit is just genius. A word of caution: I'm using my Global Amp block 1 (dirty AC30) for this -- I don't know if that information gets stored in the sysex for the patch or not, so if you've already got a global amp block 1 maybe back it up before you send this to your Axe-Fx.

I downloaded the sysex file but it didn't seem to contain any info, it didn't work for me.....i'm very curious to try this patch though, any chance you could try uploading it again? Thanks!!

Matt

Back
Top Bottom