Maybe Cliff's fault - NGD McCarty 594 SC

prina

I'd never touched a PRS. Played the most traditional guitars possible: Kalamazoo produced Gibsons (LP & ES-335) and Fenders (Teles & Strats) but after getting an FM9 in Oct '21 and joining this forum I noticed that many of the guys, starting at the top, are not only playing PRS but saying they're the best made brand. So I was primed. You guys are enablers.

Then Cliff posts https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/bought-myself-a-christmas-present.190156/
Then Dave's lists a '22 S2 594 SC for 40% off new.

Maybe I won't like it but can always pay to ship it back, so acceptable risk. Turned out to be a slam dunk except the cream pickup rings had to go. Does a better LP than my mini-hum LP Dlx which may now get P90's; Tele's are still better doing the Tele thing but the '594 pickup/split coil sound is something I didn't have before. Solid, tight, resonant & sustains forever. Hopefully I won't succumb to the PRS "can't eat just one" syndrome.

2023-01-16 at 9.30.56 AM.jpg

I've been a PRS resister for many years as well lol. Mostly due to painted necks but also because some just are a little too flashy for me. Still don't have one but all the excitement around the DGT SE has been causing some major GAS pains.

I would love a PRS singlecut but I wish they would do more satin neck finishes in the non really expensive range. There is the Zach Myers one but I'm not aware of much else.

Very nice and welcome to the family. I had my 2001 Custom 24 for 20 years before buying another electric guitar. It was my only one. Now I have 3 more PRS's. Holcomb 7 string, Vela, Hollowbody SE II. I love PRS!!! I am now considering getting a DGT SE.

I'd never touched a PRS. Played the most traditional guitars possible: Kalamazoo produced Gibsons (LP & ES-335) and Fenders (Teles & Strats) but after getting an FM9 in Oct '21 and joining this forum I noticed that many of the guys, starting at the top, are not only playing PRS but saying they're the best made brand. So I was primed. You guys are enablers.

Then Cliff posts https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/bought-myself-a-christmas-present.190156/
Then Dave's lists a '22 S2 594 SC for 40% off new.

Maybe I won't like it but can always pay to ship it back, so acceptable risk. Turned out to be a slam dunk except the cream pickup rings had to go. Does a better LP than my mini-hum LP Dlx which may now get P90's; Tele's are still better doing the Tele thing but the '594 pickup/split coil sound is something I didn't have before. Solid, tight, resonant & sustains forever. Hopefully I won't succumb to the PRS "can't eat just one" syndrome.

View attachment 114545
Gorgeous! Hope you like it!

I blame all of my PRS purchases on @2112, for showing in his videos that they weren't just a 'blooze doctor' wall ornament.

Couldn't have anything to do with my crow-like affinity for 'shiny things'. Nope. Nosirree, bob.... :D

Back
Top Bottom