Maybe a dumb question..?

King Tone

Inspired
I know it is probably a dumb question but when updating the firmware do you need to manually add the ultra res cabs? I have not ever done this. I sort of thought it went through on it's own but maybe not...if so is there a place to download the previous ultra res stuff from before Q1.02?

The factory cabs are part of the firmware and get reloaded with each firmware.

What factory cabs are changed from firmware to firmware is not fixed. Typically few cabs are actually changed.

The user cab area is not changed when the firmware is reloaded.

The folder of ultra res cabs is included with non-XL firmware. Yes those need to be loaded onto your non-XL axe, but there are so many good ones already in the unit now, you might not even need to try those (pretty old by now) samples.

I have a non XL version. So to be clear, factory cabs do get updated/renamed/etc with the firmware update? Ultra Res in the folder with the firmware have to be loaded? Are they just a sampling from the (non factory included) cab packs? Is there a master folder or list of all the previous ultra res stuff? I guess I am just trying to figure out what I do not have.

The factory cabs that have been replaced will happen upon update. the extra folder as far as I am aware are some extra ultra res Ir's that were extra factory ir's added to the xl models some time back(the xl and xl+ have more factory ir slots), and if you want to load them you will have to load them in your user cab location.

Sorry to ask this same question again - having a thicky day!

I have just loaded quantum 2.1 on to my Axe Fx II Mark 1. I can see an additional folder of ultrares IRs in the download. When I upload the new Q2.1 firmware, do the most up-to-date cabs automatically upload to the Axe, or do I need to do anything else with the IRs in the additional folder. I have interpreted from the above that "the latest cabs update when the new firmware updates, hence no further action required".

Would really appreciate confirmation that I don't have to anything else once firmware updated.

thanks in advance, Gilesy

if you have an mkI and you want those IR"s in that folder you will have to load them in you user cab slots(they are factory ir's that were added to the xl model). the updated Ir files that are swapped by fractal in the lower user cab # will be automatically included in the up date.

Back
Top Bottom