May finally make the leap into the Axe FX

metalgarth

Inspired
Does anyone here use one with a Marshall JVM? If so, do you use it 4 Cable Method or just the power section of JVM. My favorite preamp of the Marshall JVM is OD1 orange and it is modeled in the Axe Fx II, so I'm wondering which way sounds best 4CM, or just plugging into the power section of the JVM. One of the best features of the JVM is the fact that is has the exact poweramp of the JCM800 so to me the Axe Fx II and a JVM might be a match made in heavy metal heaven, considering how many awesome metal amp models there are to choose from.

Does anyone here use one with a Marshall JVM? If so, do you use it 4 Cable Method or just the power section of JVM. My favorite preamp of the Marshall JVM is OD1 orange and it is modeled in the Axe Fx II, so I'm wondering which way sounds best 4CM, or just plugging into the power section of the JVM. One of the best features of the JVM is the fact that is has the exact poweramp of the JCM800 so to me the Axe Fx II and a JVM might be a match made in heavy metal heaven, considering how many awesome metal amp models there are to choose from.

I used the Marshall JVM410 head with the Marshall 1960A cab, I was using the Ultra. I tried going out the power section and it seemed dull. Then Santiago on the Marshall Forum said to use the clean channel with the Middle on '10' and the Treble and Bass on '1'. It sounded awesome! The best sound I had to that point and I did not turn off the cabs on the presets. I tried this with other amps and it sounded horrible or just screamed. I abandoned the Marshalls for my Yamaha DSR115 when I got the AXE FX II because of the problems I had with the other amps.

Hello. I Am using axe fx II into 1 jvm 410 head and one jvm 410c. Im only using the power amp section of the marshalls. I have a 1960 cab. Im sending stereo signal from axe into each amp and using the 4x12 cab in stereo mode. I have tried the 4cm setup, but got a lot of noise. And had some problems with the volume. Didnt use very much time on the 4cm setup. Im happy with only using power section on my amps. Still i wish i had more time for tone settings. We play 70 s cover. ( whitesnake, lizzy , priest) Mostly using the jcm800 in axe. Havent tried with frfr setup but im planning doing that. Have a friend with a Soundengineering firm, who has different active cabs. But you know time isnt on my side :)

Back
Top Bottom