Maximizing outputs - did I do this right?

sick pickle

Inspired
Hey Fractal Friends,

Yesterday I had an audition–the space had a SD PowerStage 170 and 4x12 cabinet. To prepare my preset, I routed my signal chain to output 3 before the cab block. I am not sure why I chose output 3, but I suppose I was thinking about the unity gain signal and just sending a 'max' level signal to the power stage, and just controlling the volume that way. Is this correct?

Thinking of this situation further....
  • Output 1 - My own personal mix (in ears, etc)
  • Output 2 - Copy of Output 1 that goes to FOH for direct signal
  • Output 3 - Full signal to the poweramp/cab on stage

Am I thinking about this correctly? Are there any other "better" ways to use the outputs for this type of scenario?

Thanks again!

Section 4 in the manual has a number of example setups. Comparing those to your configuration might help.

It sounds like p. 33 is basically what you are doing.

Last edited:
Hey Fractal Friends,

Yesterday I had an audition–the space had a SD PowerStage 170 and 4x12 cabinet. To prepare my preset, I routed my signal chain to output 3 before the cab block. I am not sure why I chose output 3, but I suppose I was thinking about the unity gain signal and just sending a 'max' level signal to the power stage, and just controlling the volume that way. Is this correct?

Thinking of this situation further....
  • Output 1 - My own personal mix (in ears, etc)
  • Output 2 - Copy of Output 1 that goes to FOH for direct signal
  • Output 3 - Full signal to the poweramp/cab on stage

Am I thinking about this correctly? Are there any other "better" ways to use the outputs for this type of scenario?

Thanks again!

Yes. I personally do Out1 to FOH and Out 2 to IEM/FRFR/Stage sound But this would work fine. My reasoning is if I accidentally bump a knob while playing, I'm less likely to hit the middle knob and have a surprise in my ears or on stage.

Back
Top Bottom