Max world champion F1!!!!!!

I started following and pulling for Verstappen last year and the beginning of this year. His driving tactics quickly turned me off. It's one thing to be aggressive but there's a clean way to be so and Max crossed the line too many times this year as far as I'm concerned. Others feel different because it was against Lewis, but greatness over a prolonged period tends to create resentment. Same thing happened with Tiger Woods, Jeff Gordon, New England Patriots, etc.... Don't really understand it but it's just the way it is.

I started following and pulling for Verstappen last year and the beginning of this year. His driving tactics quickly turned me off. It's one thing to be aggressive but there's a clean way to be so and Max crossed the line too many times this year as far as I'm concerned. Others feel different because it was against Lewis, but greatness over a prolonged period tends to create resentment. Same thing happened with Tiger Woods, Jeff Gordon, New England Patriots, etc.... Don't really understand it but it's just the way it is.
Absolutely! In lewis's case due to advantage of his merc in the hybrid era people tend to discard everything he puts in as a driver, and just credit the car which is plain stupid.

People tend to forget hamilton in his rookie year 2007 lost championship by only one point to kimi. And was still ranked above alonso( in equal machinery), who was the guy who ended schumachers winning streak by double wins in 2005,06. Ham then went on to become champion in 2008, only in his second year. and never finished lower than 5 in the championship even in his worst years during redbull domination era.

Infact iirc, had he got just 31 more points across his career he would already be a 11 time world champion.

Hamilton is 37 in jan, and at this age he puts up such brilliant fights against young drivers. Ain't easy. To be so good, and he already has 3 digit wins and poles in f1 than which is alot more than honda has achieved as a constructor even.

Sure other drivers may not be as bad as the hybrid era standings make them look, but discarding such consistent talent completely like many verstappen fans do isn't right.

People want entertainment, enjoy challenging the status quo, because apparently the one at the top always doesn't deserve it.

Schumacher(who rated hamilton extremely highly) will still be greatest due to the era and more closeness in races, but even in that period some people credited his ferrari more than him.

Max has proven he can win , from pole. or maybe from 2/3 with good pit strategy.

But he can't chase like lewis. whenever he's behind and cant under cut/ overcut he ends up losing the race. In monza, he lost the pole lead on first lap to daniel and could never catch him all race before crashing into lewis and like a shameless person saying "this is what you get".

In russia he would have finished 8/9! had it not been for the rain and his early pitstop to inters! because the guy just cannot chase well.

Perhaps that explains why he is so damn afraid to concede a place, and ends up using the tactics he does.

But i still rate him very high as a driver, because of the consistency and how hard he can push otherwise.

Last edited:
That rule already exists and was emphasized before the race. It was never a possibility / scenario.
IMO it was very clear that Max had nothing to loose and Hamilton had everything to loose, the entire race.
Every single battle between them, Lewis had to hold back and Max could push.
At least that is how I saw it. Not a fan of any of them tbh.

Max has proven he can win , from pole. or maybe from 2/3 with In monza, he lost the pole lead on first lap to daniel and could never catch him all race before crashing into lewis and like a shameless person saying "this is what you get".
Losing position at the start is not why Max got in the position where he collided with Lewis. RB messed up the pit stop which cost Max something like 10 seconds.
It was a stupid collision, caused by Max. To me it seemed like payback time for Silverstone where Lewis pushed Max off the track at 250km/h, and then getting away with a 10sec penalty.

And don’t forget that Lewis was able to have his car repaired in the red flag situation he caused. Talking about shameless: quite embarrassing to be celebrating the way Lewis did when your opponent is in hospital…

Lewis had the fastest car overall, especially towards the end of the season. And yes, Max is not a gentleman racer and even I agree that there are occasions where he is at the boundary (and beyond) of what is acceptable.

Bottom line is that we had the best title fight in many years with two drivers that were on a completely different level than the rest of the pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole
To me it seemed like payback time for Silverstone where Lewis pushed Max off the track at 250km/h, and then getting away with a 10sec penalty.
Lewis wouldn't know max gonna do that, and run into him to execute the perfect slam in to walls while himself going rather undamaged,.
If you think those guys guys can orchestrate a crash perfectly where you throw your opponent into barriers at 250-270kph without dnfing yourself instantly , its very unrealistic to thank that.

Remember lewis was trailing big time to max at that point and a dnf would have costed himself alot more than max.

Max could have waited a corner, or ran wide, and then come at him next lap, cause lewis always lets the opponent by safely when hes faster, like in austin or france where he let him overtake safely. without trying to impede.

What hospital are you talking about those are precautionary checks. max got out of the car and waved to crowd and walked perfectly normally.

How did lewis cause red flag siutation ? max ran into him the onus is on both not just lewis, if your opponent misses apex at slow or highspeed you go wide, max and lewis both went wide in brazil cause max too didnt apex, so instead of crashing into him lewis went wide.

Monza turn 4 or something first lap this occured too. and lewis went off to avoid collision

Max likes to race on the edge, without conceding any room himself! , what happened in silver stone is a consequence of that. Hamilton has time and again avoided collisions exception monza. where he couldnt do anything.

Even in saudi after seeing lewis just behind him max braked to 3 rd gear on a 300kmh straight as seen on his own onboard . Even helmut marko later apologised after seeing onboards

Lewis never had fastest car for most season(which is good kudos to rb for capitalising on the reg changes and making a great car) , max wouldn't have lead twice the no of laps! Until hungary/turkey/russia redbull had the edge
It was only towards the very end that the merc was a better race car. are you forgetting Mexico, 18 second lead on lewis, rb was superb because of honda working well at high altitudes.

Both have been lucky and unlucky on different occasions, for eg max was lucky lewis engaged brake bias magic button in baku and went , from 25 points to 0, inspite of his own badluck of tyre burst, essentially nullifying the race.

Max is also lucky because in monaco charles didnt start due to gear box issue ! wouldnt be possible to overtake there! would be 8 points behind, otherwise, as the ferrari was better than redbull, and merc that day on all corners of the track.

Hamilton also had floor damage from kerbs in austria 2, dropping him all the way down to 4th, losing him 8 more points, would have been easy 2nd otherwise.

Max’s biggest luck was also latifi crashing and michael masi aiding him in particular. Guys who couldnt unlap were upset aswell cause they couldnt fight for position anymore on a track with 3 big straights.

Completely agree on best title fight and them being in a different league. No debates on that.

Last edited:
It was a great championship battle and made F1 a little more entertaining, I like racing and fast cars in general though. I am looking forward to see what George Russell can do in a Mercedes next year. If the Sakhir Grand Prix in 2020 was any indication, it could very well be a 3 way race for the championship next year.

It was a great championship battle and made F1 a little more entertaining, I like racing and fast cars in general though. I am looking forward to see what George Russell can do in a Mercedes next year. If the Sakhir Grand Prix in 2020 was any indication, it could very well be a 3 way race for the championship next year.
i want ferrari to jump in the mix as well! either leclerc or sainz! going to be a fun 3 way battle!. I have a feeling ferrari will be atleast top2 next year due to all the development focus the 2022 car has received from them in the past 2 years.

Lewis wouldn't know max gonna do that, and run into him to execute the perfect slam in to walls while himself going rather undamaged,.
If you think those guys guys can orchestrate a crash perfectly where you throw your opponent into barriers at 250-270kph without dnfing yourself instantly , its very unrealistic to thank that.

Remember lewis was trailing big time to max at that point and a dnf would have costed himself alot more than max.

Max could have waited a corner, or ran wide, and then come at him next lap, cause lewis always lets the opponent by safely when hes faster, like in austin or france where he let him overtake safely. without trying to impede.

What hospital are you talking about those are precautionary checks. max got out of the car and waved to crowd and walked perfectly normally.
I never wrote that Hamilton did this on purpose and this is also not what I believe. Fact is Hamilton went through the dust first (picking up dirt) went in the corner too fast, missed the apex and sent Max into the barriers. And yes, Max could have been more patient, back out, and take another chance later.

Max was sent to hospital for checks and Lewis did not know if Max was ok.
Let’s agree to disagree on Max vs Lewis, we both look at this from a different perspective. Let’s enjoy playing guitar and look forward to next season.

I never wrote that Hamilton did this on purpose and this is also not what I believe. Fact is Hamilton went through the dust first (picking up dirt) went in the corner too fast, missed the apex and sent Max into the barriers. And yes, Max could have been more patient, back out, and take another chance later.

Max was sent to hospital for checks and Lewis did not know if Max was ok.
Let’s agree to disagree on Max vs Lewis, we both look at this from a different perspective. Let’s enjoy playing guitar and look forward to next season.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom