MATRIX XT-800, 1U, Class A/B, 3.7 kg, 250 RMS ARRIVED

Re: MATRIX AMPS 1U, Class A/B, 3.6/3.7 kg, 150/250 RMS (8 oh

PhillAnselmo said:
What about the apart champ-2? looks nice to me and is already available (at least in germany) since 2009.

http://www.apart-audio.com/products/productDetails.aspx?id=267

Has anyone tested the champ?

Cheers
Phill

Yep,
Belgium company. Talked to them few months ago. Asked them if they could change the banana outs in to speakons. Not possible, so they adviced the bigger brother Champ 1.
Beware when you mount this Champ 2 in à rack it is adviced to leave 1U space above the amp empty. Furthermore it is Class G and 9 kg.

This was for me the reason to look further and get in contact with Matrix Amplification.

It is all about the specs :)

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Here the first photo of my newly born baby. She was put on this world on the 3th of december 2010 and we call her MATRIX XT-800.
Yesterday she succesfully had her "Soak Test". This means that preparations can be made for shipment.
Next week she will get home. The week after she will be wel tested and reviewed on this forum.
So lets see how she will kick the ART SLA 2 his balls :mrgreen:

ISN'T SHE A BEAUTY!

Many thanks to Matthew and the MATRIX crew! You're costumer orientation is awesome!
[attachment=0:24ftjpqj]xt800 rear photo2.jpg[/attachment:24ftjpqj]

So, it looks like it can take 1/4" as well as XLR for the inputs? The manual that I downloaded showed only XLR in the rear of the unit diagram.

Are those lateral MOSFETS?

In the discription it is stated: The amplifier has fully balanced XLR/Jack combo inputs and Neutrik Speakon® NL4 output sockets. If the used MOSFETS are lateral I do not know.
Maybe that is à good question for Matt from Matrix.

Cheers

If this thing does slay the SLA2 then I'll be ordering one from Australia. Looking forward to a review.

Definately do a A/B comparison between the Art SLA2 and the Matrix XT800. Single/Stereo channel mode included, not just bridged!

claxor

I play stereo anyway and the A/B testing will happen. Because our bass player is also interested we will also test it as a bass amp, probably bridged. And two pairs of ears is always better!

Man I am really looking forward to this! :mrgreen:

So if it sound good the ART SLA 2 has to go!

UPDATE

paulmapp8306 said:
I have my fingers crossed. I want a review too. I also get the feeling its going the same way as Pro-Audio!! is it ALL English companies?

I got to 12 weeks with PA now, and am giving up (for now - maybe later when they actually have them), but at 8/9 weeks and behind schedule the Matrix dont look much better :(.

At least there up front about the timescale though, and comms seem much better than PA.

PAUL

Thanks for crossing you're fingers! Maybe it helped :lol:

The XT-800 has started this morning her journey. She will be arriving early next week.
So 1 week the behind the first given time schedule. I can certainly live with that! :mrgreen:

BTW how is you're Pro AUdio adventure unfolding?

Good evening.

DADAs' amp is wrapped up nice and snug ready for its little journey across the water.

The mosfets are lateral

We used one channel of the xt800 last night during a demo to drive a PA Funktion One 21" 4r bass cab. It was very entertaining.

I am looking to seeing the results when they are posted.

Best regards.
Matt

MatrixAmp said:
Good evening.

DADAs' amp is wrapped up nice and snug ready for its little journey across the water.

The mosfets are lateral

We used one channel of the xt800 last night during a demo to drive a PA Funktion One 21" 4r bass cab. It was very entertaining.

Best regards.
Matt

morning guys!

I'm also looking forward to see the reviews! I'm interested in such unit and your product seems to be really fine piece of gear. Can't wait to hear it along Axe. As it goes, you will maybe gain another customer :)

best,
Mike aka Crank

Crank said:
MatrixAmp said:
Good evening.

The mosfets are lateral

Best regards.
Matt

morning guys!

I'm also looking forward to see the reviews! I'm interested in such unit and your product seems to be really fine piece of gear. Can't wait to hear it along Axe. As it goes, you will maybe gain another customer :)

best,
Mike aka Crank

+1

DADA said:
UPDATE

paulmapp8306 said:
I have my fingers crossed. I want a review too. I also get the feeling its going the same way as Pro-Audio!! is it ALL English companies?

I got to 12 weeks with PA now, and am giving up (for now - maybe later when they actually have them), but at 8/9 weeks and behind schedule the Matrix dont look much better :(.

At least there up front about the timescale though, and comms seem much better than PA.

PAUL

Thanks for crossing you're fingers! Maybe it helped :lol:

The XT-800 has started this morning her journey. She will be arriving early next week.
So 1 week the behind the first given time schedule. I can certainly live with that! :mrgreen:

BTW how is you're Pro AUdio adventure unfolding?

Much to my annoyance, and shame it isnt. After putting my Trust in PA, and Mike, they really let me down. I kept going because i had been abnd tried the amp. It really is a top piece of kit.

However, by the start of November I still hadnt had it. I kept ringing them - on both company lines and Mikes Mobile ot get more info and couldnt get through. After 3 weeks of calls, Texts, EMails and no answer I had to get VISA involved. i registered a "no goods arrived" claim with them - and gave all details of conversations, delays, extension agreements and finally lack of contact. 2 weeks ago the money was credited back to my Back Account.

To say im extremely dissapointed is an understatement. after all the trust, and publicity I gave the product they didnt even have the curtacy to speak to me. It may be things went tits and they have gone under - but at least let me know if this is the case. If not - why no contact? Mike had never been sky of talking before 9though I know some had conversation problems). Had I not been in Ireland Id have popped over a month ago to find out what was happening, but as it is I finally gave up.

Hope the Matrix works out - i may get on ein the new year once I have my shiney new MFC 101 :)

Paul,

Jee........... how the story did unfold. Un&^$#@ing believable. Reminds me of the question I asked back then why they raised the price by 150%. I can still recall the answer: GREEED, altough it was with a smile. British humor is the best. But this turned out to be a joke. You could always delete the topics as ultimate revenge..... :twisted:

Much fun with you're new MFC-101. But let me warn you: excessive use will damage you're shoes badly! :mrgreen:

UPDATE

Just to let you know.

The amp is on its way. Due to Paypal and Mastercard hacks/problems it left Matrix last Friday.
The carrier they choose is not the fastest: Estimated delivery 18 december.
If it will arrive before the 17 of December (which I doubt) it can be tested on the 17th.
If not it will be tested in the week before christmas.

So even more patience is needed to get the review.

Hey I have a carvin DCML3000 driving 2 4x12s I was wondering how does the matrix stack up against the carvin line of gear? I don't much about solid state amp engineering. I just fear the carvin will fail me down the line. Would this up an upgrade?

rsf1977 said:
Hey I have a carvin DCML3000 driving 2 4x12s I was wondering how does the matrix stack up against the carvin line of gear? I don't much about solid state amp engineering. I just fear the carvin will fail me down the line. Would this up an upgrade?

I am neither a amp designer. An A/B test with the DCM3000L would be the best and fastes solution. This is what I am planning with mine ART SLA 2 and the MAtrix XT-800.

UPDATE

The package with the amp just arrived. This means that after unpacking the amp can be tested at low volume at home. Tomorrow the testing will happen on rehearsal/stage volume. Early next week I will publish my findings about this amp compared with the ART SLA 2.

Lets start the RUUUUMMMBLE! :mrgreen:

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom