Matrix NL12 vs. NL212

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase either a NL12 or NL212. On matrix's website it says the 212 has the sound and punch of a 4x12 and that the NL12 has the sound and punch of a 2x12. I prefer the Marshall type amp sims and a 4x12 IR. Since this is a traditional guitar cab I'm looking for the 4x12 tone would the NL212 be the way to go, or could the NL12 handle it?

Thanks

Look here> http://forum.fractalaudio.com/amps-cabs/77599-nl12-n2x12.html
I ended up buying a NL12 with the view that if it wasn't loud enough I could always buy another. It is loud enough o keep up with my band, we play top 40 Classic covers with two guitarists FWIW.

Thanks I saw that right after I posted this. I'm just wondering is the 212 better for certain amp sims and the nl12 better for others. You really like the NL12 I've only heard great things about them.

I have been quite happy with my NL212, sold my Mesa 212 for it with no regrets whatsoever and I am a big Mesa fan!

Thanks I saw that right after I posted this. I'm just wondering is the 212 better for certain amp sims and the nl12 better for others. You really like the NL12 I've only heard great things about them.

I don't own an Nl212 but it is on my short list, however I do own two NL12 cabs.

Every amp sim I have played through the NL12 sounds incredible .

The amps I play regularly at gigs include:

Fender Twin
Dumble
Freidman BE

I also occasionally play at gigs

Double Deluxe
TrainWreck
Vibroverb

All of these amps sounds incredible at home and at gigs.

Dialing them in is a piece of cake. However, I do have multiple versions of the same presets tweaked to specific guitars (Humbucker, single coil etc).

Back
Top Bottom