Matrix NL12 users?

maxdown

Fractal Fanatic
Was thinking of getting a pair of the Matrix NL12 cabs but would love to hear from anyone who has them and uses amp and cab modelling 'On' with them and also sends the same signal to FOH. Any big differences?

I know Cooper did an unboxing vid of them - but he demo'd them in standard guitar cab mode and only added a verbal PS by saying that he tried them with cab sims on and they sounded great. Given that he was doing a demo for Matrix I think he'd have to say that ... but would have been good to actually hear them while he was doing it.

I use a Matrix GT100FX for power amp .... Ideally I'd like to use the MatrixGT100FX/ NL12s with the same output as I'd send to FOH and not have a lot of difference. Or is that a too big ask from a conventional speaker?

Nah, I didn't have to say they sounded good with the cab sims on. I don't give good reviews unless a product is good. I enjoy the sound with cab sims on. They get full and thick without getting too woofy. No, they're not full range, but they're very cool.

Thanks Cooper

I'll order 1 up to try I think .... and if I like it then will get it a partner and go stereo/dual mono.

I'm running a stereo setup, pair of NL212 with my GT1000FX, cab sim and power amp sim are ON.
The sound is no less than gigantic!
I did many comparisons and had a lot of hours playing with the following cabs: Marshall 19160 A 4x12, ENGL 4x12, 2 x Carvin 2x12 (v30) and 2 x Mesa 1x12 EVM12L.
The NL212 kick ass of all the mentioned!
The only cab that gives a good fight is a JVM 4x12 I'm currently running in the studio but still I prefer the NL212, they simply unveil a lot more character than the other cabs.
It's like the sound stretches more, its wider with the NL than with any other cab I tried.
I highly recommend the!

FWIW I used (2) NL12's in stereo through a Matrix XT800 with cab sims "on" and I like the sound. Had them a little over a year now.

Back
Top Bottom