Matrix FR212 live question

sk8te4free7

Inspired
I'm really considering getting this cab. I'm only concerned about having just 2x12 as opposed to my guitarist having a traditional 4x12 Randall cab. Would there be any sound differences when using both cabs at the same time? Can this cab REALLY keep up with the volume of a 4x12? I'd use the FR212 as a "traditional cab" instead of carrying a 4x12 cab.

Matrix cab

I'm really considering getting this cab. I'm only concerned about having just 2x12 as opposed to my guitarist having a traditional 4x12 Randall cab. Would there be any sound differences when using both cabs at the same time? Can this cab REALLY keep up with the volume of a 4x12? I'd use the FR212 as a "traditional cab" instead of carrying a 4x12 cab.

The Matrix FR212 sounds incredible with the axe,much better than a traditional cab.I use one with the matrix poweramp and it sounds way better than a 4x12 marshall.

Yeah, this is what i've been wondering about for awhile now. I can definitely say i can trust what people have said about the FR212 simply because the axe sounds just as good on my KRK8 monitors but with this cab it would sound BETTER (i'd imagine).

Speaking of IR's, i think that's the point of this cab. To use them the way you'd use them for recording in a DAW, then again i'm trying to convince my own self here to get one LOL someone chime in on this :D Any experiences with live situations!?

I own 2 of the FR212 cabs and one can get the job done. What really stands out this the particular cabinet is the feel it still gives you and it is FRFR. I don't think any particular iR works better than another I thinks it's more what sound you are looking for and what works best for you. Just Like most of the amps and cabs found in the Axe. I've been using the new OH high gain IRs.

Back
Top Bottom