Matrix CFR12 passive FR monitor: pricing and availability

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
From the Matrix site and an e-mail:

-----

12" Coaxial Wedge price announced
We are pleased to confirm the price of the Celestion Passive wedge, "CFR12", as heard on demo at the North West guitar show,

Designed to offer a light-weight solution to the needs of guitar players using modellers such as the Fractal Axe FX, the CFR12 is compact, transparent and punches well above its size and weight. The CFR12 is a perfect match for our GT800FX, GT1000FX and GM50 amplifiers.

The launch price is $829 including delivery to the USA and £596 inclusive of VAT and delivery within the UK.

For those of you who feel that one CFR12 would be happier with a friend to keep it company, we are offering a 10% discount if you order a pair. This gives a delivered price of $1467 to the USA and £1065 within the UK, inclusive of VAT and shipping.

-----

Weight: 13kg
Impedance: 8 Ohms
Power Handling: 260W RMS
Dimensions (mm):463 H x 366 W x 274 D
Dimensions (in): 18.2 H x 14.4 W x 10.8 D
Connections: Dual Combi Speakon + 1/4" jack

We are well into completing the production of the first batch and we look forward to updating you with confirmed shipping dates in 7 days time.

We shall not launch this product until it is built and packaged ready for shipping from our warehouse, direct to you, from our webstore.

Really want a stereo 2x12 upright cabinet option. Sad that there are very few companies that offer that combination

Yeah, saw that. Considering these are non-powered, it pretty much kills any hope the powered unit (with amp, crossover, and a more expensive speaker to handle it) will be near $1K. After seeing the FB post, I moved ahead in another direction.

Really want a stereo 2x12 upright cabinet option. Sad that there are very few companies that offer that combination

XiTone actually has one. I played around with it all weekend. It sounds EXCELLENT.
It makes my FBT Verve 12ma sound 'shrill'.
If Mick gives the ok, I can post a couple pictures of it.
It looks a lot like a Mesa Horizontal 2x12 cab...but with a metal grill.

(sorry to hijack the thread)

XiTone actually has one. I played around with it all weekend. It sounds EXCELLENT.
It makes my FBT Verve 12ma sound 'shrill'.
If Mick gives the ok, I can post a couple pictures of it.
It looks a lot like a Mesa Horizontal 2x12 cab...but with a metal grill.

(sorry to hijack the thread)

At last a manufacturer who is getting it. No offense...:)

Please start a new subject and give us some more info.

hmmmmm......looks like I'll hang on to my Atomic passive a little longer...

Yeah me too. I’m a bit confused now. The original plan was to upgrade to the matrix FRFR solution, liked what I was hearing in some of the videos.

But what is causing the confusion:

I heard the Matrix wedges at the NY Amp show and they did sound good but I found them bright, but Cliff had his passive JBL SRX712M monitors there and they sounded great! A bit pricey at 1k a piece passive, but they did sound that much better to me. So it has been something I have been entertaining.
Then comes the RCF NX 12-SMA, personally I have never read anything less than ecstatic reviews about it. Bottom line for me I think it will come down to either the JBL or the RCF

Just may take a little longer to get the funds but no big deal

John

I heard the Matrix wedges at the NY Amp show and they did sound good but I found them bright, but Cliff had his passive JBL SRX712M monitors there and they sounded great!

Were they both run by the same power amp?

I dont think there THAT pricey - about the same price as the CLRs IIR.

I believe the "aim" was to get the powered version below £1k, and the passive below £600. Those prices compete very well with the RCF units in the UK/EU - though I understand thats not the case in the US.

Ultimately - speaking modularly - why do people balk at $800 for the speaker, but not at the price of an MFC101 as a controller, or a GT1000fx/Fryette 2:50:2 (for valve) for an amplifyer- or $2500+ for the AFX itself. Its a complete system and all componants should be of the same quality. The Matix is quality (as are the RCF and presumably the CLR options).

Im having a think personally - as Im quite happy with my GT1000/Zilla cab system (and Im buying a house so kinda need all the spare money I can get for that), but a passive FRFR cabinate would befinately provide options. Personally I cant think of much that will compete as a direct quality/price option in the UK (again the US will be different - unfortunately).

Im having a think personally - as Im quite happy with my GT1000/Zilla cab system (and Im buying a house so kinda need all the spare money I can get for that), but a passive FRFR cabinate would befinately provide options. Personally I cant think of much that will compete as a direct quality/price option in the UK (again the US will be different - unfortunately).

I still think the "old" atomic passive wedge can compete fully wth this one. And at half the price. Also in europe.

No the Matrix wedges had their internal power amps and the JBL's were run by the GT1000FX

Ok, so if they're the powered Matrix wedges, I think they're a different speaker.

Interesting to hear that the JBL SRX712's sounded that good. I have the SRX722's as my PA Tops...so I've sometimes debated getting the SR712's for wedges, because whatever I dial in on the 712's, should translate pretty well on the 722's.

Back
Top Bottom