Matrix Amplification Customer Service

Ventanaman

Inspired
I need to tell you about my customer service experience with Matrix Amplification.

I have a 4-year-old Matrix GT100FX that I have run fairly hard with full-volume rehearsals and gigs - some outdoor shows in 110 degree heat. It has never even blinked an eye until a couple of weeks ago when it started going into protect mode with only the slightest of use (3-4 minutes of activity).

I call Matrix and speak with Andrew Hunt directly and tells me to check my leads and my cab for any issues. I do that, find nothing, and the problem continues.

I call Andrew back and he says to send in the amp, "I think I know the issue". I let him know that I am only 2 hours away from his shop in California and he tells just to bring it in.

I show up early in the morning, Andrew quickly locates the failed component (he says it is only 1 of 2 to fail in the US), give me a tour of his shop, chews the fats about the amp industry, and sends me on my way - and asks for no money. He reluctantly takes me up on giving him enough money to buy a decent lunch.

This folks is what a company that stands behinds its products looks like.

Thank you very much Andrew.

As a side note, he handed me one of the new aluminum-housed GT100FX amps and I thought it was an empty case - it wasn't. The thing was 1000W and weighed about 4 pounds - amazing.

-VM

they are amazing. Top notch customer service and friendly, knowledgeable guys!
They have helped me out on a couple things.

A couple of years ago when I bought my GT1000FX I had an issue with UPS (go figure) failing to deliver and I had emails from Andrew late in the night while he was busy in California (I believe) and one of the other guys from matrix (Robin I think). They were going to fix the situation no matter what. Andrew said at the time he would ship another if need be. I was totally blown away. These guys are a total class act. Fantastic customer service. I'd recommend them to anyone because of the customer service and the top notch product. (In fact I have quite a few times and at least one of my friends bought one) I've always felt that no matter the problem these guys will go out of their way to get you sorted out. And the fact that you can deal with Andrew directly is pretty cool. Another shining example of the way companies can be run. Matrix is awesome.

I wish I had Matrix right next door like you do...
We are thousands of kilometers away, and getting help from them was not ideal...
The support is doing the best it can, of course.

I wish I had Matrix right next door like you do...
We are thousands of kilometers away, and getting help from them was not ideal...
The support is doing the best it can, of course.

Sometimes, being in California does have its advantages!

I have no doubts that their customer service is great. But to enjoy it you need to have a product from them. I tried. No response to my email, no reliable date when the FR10/12 is available. Waited for 8 months, checked their poor website and their cluttered Facebook site time and again, even asked at marvelous G66 several times when these cabs are for sale at last. But no information on if or when their products are available in Europe. Too bad!

They were on stock last week for a short time (Europe), I was about to pull the trigger but watched exchange rates of GBP too long...

Back
Top Bottom