matching subwoofers with atomic CLR

audemia

Inspired
i haven't seen a whole lot of discussion about this on here yet, but this would seem like a good idea for playing bass guitar

anyone have a good combo of CLR + sub that they can recommend?

what do i have to consider when matching the two? does the "sub" on/off switch on the back of the CLR run at a specific crossover frequency that i have to match with the sub that i choose?

any other thoughts?

I was just thinking about this myself. I'm using my CLRs as studio monitors so an extra bit of low end would be nice. I've been looking for a sub that's <$500 and the choices aren't plentiful. I found a good deal on a KRK 10s for $300 that I was considering but not sure how it would pair up with the CLRs.

I use a Mackie DLM-12s sub with a pair of Neo CLR's. Crossover frequency on the sub is set @ 60 hz, and I don't touch the subwoofer control on the CLR at all (the CLR is set as if there is no subwoofer). Works well for me, a piano/guitar duo with ez drummer & Trilian bass loops, and 2 vocals. Everything goes thought the CLR and Mackie sub. It's coffeehouse volume, or a little bit more, but it works well for us.

I'd like to know this as well. I'm planning on setting up a do-everything rig (acting as Axe-Fx FRFR cabs, mixing monitors, and home stereo) with the CLRs on stands and a powered sub on the floor that has the following features:

1. two inputs
2. Input Level control for each
3. crossover frequency knob, as opposed to crossover button or switch
4. master volume control

Any good recommendations?

i haven't seen a whole lot of discussion about this on here yet, but this would seem like a good idea for playing bass guitar

anyone have a good combo of CLR + sub that they can recommend?

what do i have to consider when matching the two? does the "sub" on/off switch on the back of the CLR run at a specific crossover frequency that i have to match with the sub that i choose?

any other thoughts?

see this thread:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/amps-cabs/76514-clr-bass.html

specifically regarding what I did with adding a subwoofer starting at post #19

I use a Mackie DLM-12s sub with a pair of Neo CLR's. Crossover frequency on the sub is set @ 60 hz, and I don't touch the subwoofer control on the CLR at all (the CLR is set as if there is no subwoofer). Works well for me, a piano/guitar duo with ez drummer & Trilian bass loops, and 2 vocals. Everything goes thought the CLR and Mackie sub. It's coffeehouse volume, or a little bit more, but it works well for us.

Yup. I use the same Mackie sub, crossed over a little bit higher usually, with the CLR sub switch engaged.

Back
Top Bottom