Matching a PRE-amp

blackland

hi there,

I am actually at this point much more interested in cloning my old setup than copying someone else sound.
My previous setting for years was triaxis (mainly RD1) into 2:90 and into two v30 recto 4x12.

Since I (at least at this moment) love the kick from the back and don´t wanna actuall go for frfr or total IEM right now I will for a while go with the same setup, just the triaxis replaced by the axeII. So how will I tone-match this setup best. Since I will still use the power amp and speakers I would guess it would be the best point to just clone the triaxis. Unfortunately I didnt find anything about tone-matching just a pre-amp. How to do this ? Connecting the output of the triaxis just to the inputs of the axe II? And then ? fine tuning the chosen amp to match best is actually not possible since this will just have the typical fizzy preamp sound.
as anyone tried that so far ? ideas ? thanks....

cheers

I was gonna ask this too.... do we turn sag off and then tonematch preamp? How can preamp matching be done if possible.

noone ? not a single idea ?

would really like to see if I can somehow put my beloved triaxis in a preset and save 10kg carrying it....

cheers

You should read the user guide. It's pretty simple.
I will try to match my RM50 XTC module tomorrow.

No but it's the same thing, you just have to be careful to send always a line level signal into the Axe-Fx.

Set an Amp bloc + a TMA bloc on the same line.
You have to connect the output or the send effects of your preamp/head to the input2 of your Axe.(or another input)
Check the level with the input meter.
Into the TMA bloc select the input2 (rear of the Axe2) as the reference source. Start the capture by pushing X and play your guitar thru your preamp during 10 sec. The signal will be recorded by the TMA bloc.
Then plug your guitar into the Axe and push Y then play your guitar thru the amp bloc during ten seconds.
After both captures hit enter and i think the tone match will be done. Now you can play your guitar thru this preset and you should have the same sound then when playing your triaxis.

Of course try to select the same amp model than your preamp and try to set the same tone on both side before doing the tone match.
I think it's the process.

Back
Top Bottom