master volume spillover

urowinner

I'm playing through an AxeII and MFC (in Axefx mode) with a Mission expression pedal. I've searched the manual and forum and somehow seem to be missing the boat. I want my delays and reverb to continue on after I've turned down my volume pedal, but haven't figured out the setting to make it work. I already turned spillover on in the Global menu (which isn't supposed to effect this issue, but it's the only reference for spillover I've managed to find).

With my ultra, it just involved moving the location of the volume pedal in the signal chain. Using the MFC in axe-fx mode via the ethernet cable (not midi cable), I'm not sure how to move my volume pedal in the chain.
Currently, when I turn the volume pedal down, all the signal is cut immediately.

I expect this is merely a simple setting change, and I would appreciate help if someone can point me the right direction.

thanks

i think you have your expression pedal into #1 on the mfc yes? and it automatically controlled your volume right?

that is controlling out 1 volume, not a volume pedal in the signal chain. so regardless of how you have your delays or reverbs set, it's as if you were turning the volume knob on the axe front panel... of course doing this, you wouldn't hear any delay when you turn the volume down.

so you have to insert a volume block in a patch the same as you did on your ultra. then set the controller for the "volume" parameter to EXT CTRL 1 just like you did on the ultra.

on the MFC, you just have to change what parameter EP1 is controlling.

hit edit, #4 for midi, then press switch 6 2x (go back 2x). it should say "XP1 #11 CH01 ____"

press switch #12 one time so the cursor moves under #11. Assuming your Axe-FX I/O menu is default, press the UP switch until you get to 16, which should control EXT CTRL 1. then press edit to exit.

Thank you so much for your help, Chris. I really appreciate you taking the time to give such clear directions.
All the best!

I'm just now trying to do this as well but when I follow your settings above I get no volume at all.

Hey Warrior, got your PM.

Try my MFC Expression pedal video and see if that gets you going.

MFC-101 & Axe-FX II – Setting up Expression Pedals | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

I will, thank you. However, revealing what I believe to be is the reason I'm having this problem may be a little embarassing. Driving in to work today I realized I probable was setting up the wrong pedal in my MFC. :eek:ops

Recently changing my pedal board combined with having 2 glasses of wine with dinner and trying to do this in a hurry may have led to severe brain fade! :lol

I'll keep you posted and thanks for the help!

I use an Expression pedal to control CC10 which is volume INPUT. So it's like turning down your guitar volume, except it's on the floor so you can keep playing. This makes it also ideal for backing off the gain/break up of an overdriven amp, and perfect for volume swells that exclude the pick attack of the sound and just give you the sustain of the note.

Back
Top Bottom