Master Volume Dimed?

Theine

Can anyone out here in fractal land help me understand the rational behind every factory preset having the master volume dimed in amp block? I can't wrap my head around why the preset developers would develop tones with master cranked. Sure its a sound but rarely would I spend time with my real amp cranked. Maybe I'm missing a step that I should be taking when I switch into a new preset?

Thanks
Tim

Can anyone out here in fractal land help me understand the rational behind every factory preset having the master volume dimed in amp block? I can't wrap my head around why the preset developers would develop tones with master cranked. Sure its a sound but rarely would I spend time with my real amp cranked. Maybe I'm missing a step that I should be taking when I switch into a new preset?

Thanks
Tim
From the Owners Manual:
When you select an amp type, the Master will change to an appropriate/typical setting for that amp. If a real amp doesn’t have a Master, the “correct” setting will be applied i.e. “10”, or “wide open.”

Tim,

Not all presets or amp models have the master volume dimed. It's typically amps that sound best cranked, with exceptions like high gain amps that require tweaking. Lower gain amps are the usual amps with master volumes set to 10, so don't fret. It's normal for many lower gain amp models.

Just to add to this, amp models that have the master volume set to 10 as the default are amps that don’t have a master volume in real life. That means the power amp is “wide open” all the time, which is to say it’s essentially its set to 10. Leave at 10 in the fractal for authentic controls but your of course free to change it as well in the digital world.

Just to add to this, amp models that have the master volume set to 10 as the default are amps that don’t have a master volume in real life. That means the power amp is “wide open” all the time, which is to say it’s essentially its set to 10. Leave at 10 in the fractal for authentic controls but your of course free to change it as well in the digital world.
Thanks man that was an oversight on my part which seems obvious now. Nice feature for sure.

Thanks man that was an oversight on my part which seems obvious now. Nice feature for sure.
We have moments like this. There will be more, and the forum is where we help each other if we can. FAS units have so much to offer, and sometimes you really have to think about how it works to get it. But they work! Good luck.

I see the Master Volume as another tone control. Some amps benefit from cranking the MV. One one of the last presets that I built for my Strat, I used the Buttery model which is pretty clean. I turned the MV up to about 7 and got some good edge of breakup tone.

Back
Top Bottom