Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack Updated for Cygnus X3 - May 2024 Update!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
The presets only get updated when the firmware changes the sounds. The last time that happened
no what i mean is, this is a feb update, and its june? so the update released at the start of the year in February is not changed?
Ah. Generally, I only do a massive TonePack update when needed, meaning when the Fractal firmware release notes say that the amp modeling has changed and thus amp presets sounds may change in a new firmware. That type of firmware update usually happens once a year but sometimes twice. Lately though amps have not needed to be reset in new firmwares, which is great.

If the new firmware does not require an amp reset, then the last firmware work fine with the latest firmware generally. As of now, the 2023 LiveGold firmware from earlier this year should work perfect with the new June firmware that just came out.

I’m just sayin if you make a new pack with Dyna-Cabs I’ll buy that too.
I have a few things to do first before I can consider that, but appreciate it. I don’t want to duplicate presets/sounds stuff have done.

I need to work to get Naked Amps updated (it’s from July 2022 firmware) and then really work on an effects blocks pack that has been start/stop for months - that’s the main two priority things on my plate for the next 3-6 months.

Last edited:
Hey guys -- just a head's up of a change coming to this specific thread.

Fractal Forum moderators want me to wrap all my TonePack products into "Master threads."

Once they do, it won't matter what unit you have -- FM3, FM9 -- everything in the future will be posted/located in the Axe-Fx III thread for that specific TonePack product (1000+ LiveGold in this case).

So what do you need to do? NOTHING.

The forum moderators in the next few days will move all those already subscribed to this thread over the 1000+ LiveGold for Axe-Fx III thread, which will become the MASTER 1000+ LiveGold thread moving forward - so you will still be subscribed.

The FM9 and FM3 thread content will then be deleted - but again, you will still be subscribed -- now just to the 1000+ LiveGold thread for the Axe-Fx III -- AND the FM9 and FM3.

Hope that's cool!

-AB

Hey guys -- just a head's up of a change coming to this specific thread.

Fractal Forum moderators want me to wrap all my TonePack products into "Master threads."

Once they do, it won't matter what unit you have -- FM3, FM9 -- everything in the future will be posted/located in the Axe-Fx III thread for that specific TonePack product (1000+ LiveGold in this case).

So what do you need to do? NOTHING.

The forum moderators in the next few days will move all those already subscribed to this thread over the 1000+ LiveGold for Axe-Fx III thread, which will become the MASTER 1000+ LiveGold thread moving forward - so you will still be subscribed.

The FM9 and FM3 thread content will then be deleted - but again, you will still be subscribed -- now just to the 1000+ LiveGold thread for the Axe-Fx III -- AND the FM9 and FM3.

Hope that's cool!

-AB

Hope that's cool!

-AB

Not really. It sounds like all FM9 and FM3 specific info will get memory holed. Not cool at all.

Not really. It sounds like all FM9 and FM3 specific info will get memory holed. Not cool at all.
I hear ya. But I think it's going to work out.

In terms of the TonePack presets, they are pretty much the same across all platforms, except for Brit Rock Royalty #1 where I had to change stuff due to CPU for FM3 version. Cabs res is one difference, the III defaults to Ultra Res cabs if present, while the FM3 does not and will use standard Res for any cab unless you tell it to use Ultra-Res.

So I don't think there is any "must-have info" for a specific unit in an FM9 or FM3 thread related to a TonePack that will be lost or can't be re-created if a question is re-asked.

Like others, I will willingly adhere/comply to Forum's Vendor rules as they evolve, and am grateful the forum admin gurus are going to move over (subscribe) everyone from the soon-to-be-removed FM9 and FM3 TonePack threads to the new master thread -- so ya'll don't each have to take that action on your own.
It also makes it easier for me in future - I don't have to post the same info in three threads based on hardware unit anymore, just one master.
I never forget that it is a privilege that Fractal Audio gives to third party preset or cab IR vendors to post about our products/stuff here - and won't abuse that.

Last edited:
Hi - is this still the right thread to subscribe to? Also will there be live gold updates that leverage dynacabs?

Hi - is this still the right thread to subscribe to? Also will there be live gold updates that leverage dynacabs?
It;'s going to be moved the Axe-fx III Thread and be called a Master Thread. I'm not anticipating changing LiveGold for DynaCab -- everything sounds good as is touring people depend on those sounds to be reliable. But you guys can play with DynaCab of course!

I wouldn't expect that AB is going to go through a few hundred presets and start swapping out IR's. That would be a daunting and unnecessary task.

I'm not going to re-do all the Cab IRs in LiveGold as Dynacabs. Everything sounds good now, and people who tour rely on those sounds. But there is nothing to stop you from making a DynaCab version of a preset -- just take a Screenshot or save a snapshot of the legacy cab settings BEFORE you do any changes (because I think doing things in DynaCabs like solo/mute or lo/hi cuts also affects legacy cab settings too).

However, for any future amp models that Fractal adds, I'll probably use DynaCab... For example, I'm doing the new green/purple/red Revv Gens amp models that way. Those are not in the current LiveGold zip file.

More about all of this later in November....stay tuned!

@austinbuddy Has anyone ran into a tonal difference or scene volume issues when porting presets from 4.01 over to 5.01? I have two FM9's (FW4 is my gigging unit, FW5 stays home). I took a preset from FW 4.01 and moved it to my FW 5.01 unit. It tonally sounds different now and the scene levels seem to be roughly 4dB lower than in FW 4.01, meaning they are no longer close to "0dB". The preset on FW 5.01 seems dull and not as crisp sounding. Honestly, I don't see leveling the scenes back to 0dB resolving my issue of the dullness.
I read through the Wiki regarding the FW 5.01 update and it didn't seem to change much in regards to what I'm experiencing, unless of course some items are not noted like revisions to amp parameters (compression, sag, etc). But -4dB seems like a lot. Just wanted to see if anyone else had or noticed any differences.
Would loading 4.01 presets through Fractal-Bot be different than simply opening the Preset manager and dragging in my 4.01 preset?
Any other things I should check?
Thanks.

@austinbuddy Has anyone ran into a tonal difference or scene volume issues when porting presets from 4.01 over to 5.01? I have two FM9's (FW4 is my gigging unit, FW5 stays home). I took a preset from FW 4.01 and moved it to my FW 5.01 unit. It tonally sounds different now and the scene levels seem to be roughly 4dB lower than in FW 4.01, meaning they are no longer close to "0dB". The preset on FW 5.01 seems dull and not as crisp sounding. Honestly, I don't see leveling the scenes back to 0dB resolving my issue of the dullness.
I read through the Wiki regarding the FW 5.01 update and it didn't seem to change much in regards to what I'm experiencing, unless of course some items are not noted like revisions to amp parameters (compression, sag, etc). But -4dB seems like a lot. Just wanted to see if anyone else had or noticed any differences.
Would loading 4.01 presets through Fractal-Bot be different than simply opening the Preset manager and dragging in my 4.01 preset?
Any other things I should check?
Thanks.

Hi @Goonie - well, it should not be that dramatic (-4db?) a change in volume going from the 4.01 version up to using 5.01 firmware. Wasn't that major a change on my end when I updated them. Not heard about this from others - anyone else???

Make sure you check your output setting and it didn't go from +4 to -10db or something like that in a factory reset -- although that would be much more noticeable. And make sure your Out1 level is in the same place as on 4.01. I set my OUT1 at just under 3:00, with +4db, into my UAudio Console - that brings into a DAW around an average of-12db on the DAW meter. Check your output blocks and scenes there to make sure everything is set to zero there too and not cut somehow.

There may be a few amp model presets (read through Cliff' firmware various release notes since Feb. 2023) that Cliff has re-worked or re-did since Feb. 2023 that would change in volume some, and need to be reset and redialed in.

I will be updating LiveGold in first 3-4 months of 2024 with the newer firmware, and check it more thoroughly. I have to wait until the Axe-FX's III most recent firmware (24.00 public beta at this moment) matches the FM9 and FM3 firmwares (meaning the little brother and sister catch up to the big brother in firmware changes) to do that fully. Else I cannot port Axe-FX III LiveGold presets over to FM9 and FM3 properly.

You can always revert backwards to prior firmware, re-load LiveGold, and see if the volumes are where you need them in a pinch.

Hope that helps!

-AB

Hi @Goonie - well, it should not be that dramatic (-4db?) a change in volume going from the 4.01 version up to using 5.01 firmware. Wasn't that major a change on my end when I updated them. Not heard about this from others - anyone else???

Make sure you check your output setting and it didn't go from +4 to -10db or something like that in a factory reset -- although that would be much more noticeable. And make sure your Out1 level is in the same place as on 4.01. I set my OUT1 at just under 3:00, with +4db, into my UAudio Console - that brings into a DAW around an average of-12db on the DAW meter. Check your output blocks and scenes there to make sure everything is set to zero there too and not cut somehow.

There may be a few amp model presets (read through Cliff' firmware various release notes since Feb. 2023) that Cliff has re-worked or re-did since Feb. 2023 that would change in volume some, and need to be reset and redialed in.

I will be updating LiveGold in first 3-4 months of 2024 with the newer firmware, and check it more thoroughly. I have to wait until the Axe-FX's III most recent firmware (24.00 public beta at this moment) matches the FM9 and FM3 firmwares (meaning the little brother and sister catch up to the big brother in firmware changes) to do that fully. Else I cannot port Axe-FX III LiveGold presets over to FM9 and FM3 properly.

You can always revert backwards to prior firmware, re-load LiveGold, and see if the volumes are where you need them in a pinch.

Hope that helps!

-AB
Thanks for the feedback. My FM9 with FW4.01 sounds great and has been gigged a bunch. I assume some settings are goofy on my end. I'll check some things out later. Just wanted to check if you or others experienced anything with 5.01 or there was a common theme that may have been a simple fix that I was missing. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. My FM9 with FW4.01 sounds great and has been gigged a bunch. I assume some settings are goofy on my end. I'll check some things out later. Just wanted to check if you or others experienced anything with 5.01 or there was a common theme that may have been a simple fix that I was missing. Thanks.
Cool. That is what this forum is for! Let us know if ya sort it out? Thanks!

Cool. That is what this forum is for! Let us know if ya sort it out? Thanks!
I think it's all sorted out. I've been slacking around the holidays.
I reset the unit, re-installed firmware 5.01, and got my presets moved over to it. All seems well.
Maybe there was a glitch somewhere, but my levels seem normal now comparing to my other FM9 on 4.01.
I may just update it to 5.01 since we are not gigging for a couple weeks..
Thanks and happy new year.

Axe-FX III users only -- check out the new +PlusPack for 2024 I just put out.

(Eventually available for FM9 and FM3 once those firmwares catch up to their big brother).

Vendor Forum link: Ask questions about it over there please, not in this thread! ;)

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...k-for-2024-for-firmware-24-04-on-sale.201238/

View attachment 133668
I just rearranged my presets list and uploaded this. Good stuff in here. Thanks for creating this project!

Back
Top Bottom