Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
It's a WINDOWS thing. I'm on a MAC and I can't test for Windows. Unfortunately I have to get the description in file names, else people make mistakes understanding what's what.

But the above responder is right - just rename it something shorter than I did, using Windows, and your PC can accept and it will work fine. Nothing wrong with the file. That should work! Enjoy!

I've paid for and enjoyed the @austinbuddy Live Gold Pack since it was released. I downloaded the Feb. 2023 version a few days ago (revised for AxeFX 3 version 21.04). This version is stunning and very accurate for me (using an Axe-FX 3 & two Atomic CLR v2 Wedges). This latest release responds to my touch, regardless of what guitar I'm playing! As a 60's/70's/80's guitarist, these patches are the closest I can get the amps/effects I have used in more that 50 years of playing guitar...Thanks!

I've paid for and enjoyed the @austinbuddy Live Gold Pack since it was released. I downloaded the Feb. 2023 version a few days ago (revised for AxeFX 3 version 21.04). This version is stunning and very accurate for me (using an Axe-FX 3 & two Atomic CLR v2 Wedges). This latest release responds to my touch, regardless of what guitar I'm playing! As a 60's/70's/80's guitarist, these patches are the closest I can get the amps/effects I have used in more that 50 years of playing guitar...Thanks!
Man I will never tire of hearing affirming comments like this one that show I hit the bull's eye, which was my goal! Thank you so much @favance snd everyone who takes the time to affirm these work as great for you as they do for me. Proud to contribute to this awesome Fractal community and inside your playing with these tones!

So now if I update to 6.02 beta I should just import the currently available Axe-FX III version to my FM3?

Do you anticipate any compatibility or CPU problems at all?

So now if I update to 6.02 beta I should just import the currently available Axe-FX III version to my FM3?
It should work. You may have to adjust compressor levels as the five knee types on the III and FM9 become three choices on the Fm3
Do you anticipate any compatibility or CPU problems at all?
Only way to tell in short run is if you guys load them up and report issues here!

First, these presets are great!

Second....

Drag
Drag
Click
Click
Drag
Click
Click

That's been my life the last couple days. My setup is strange so I have to change some things to make it work better. I'm using output 1 to my monitors. No problem there. But sometimes I want to use my real cabs and still get the (mostly) full experience. The presets are not setup for that (not complaining at all--I never expected them to be). So...

Drag output 1 a spot to the right.
Drag output 3 to the spot below output 2.
Two clicks to connect the main shunt back to output 1.
Drag the cab block in front of output 1.
Click save.
Click Preset +.

Repeat. 😂 worth it though! Thanks @austinbuddy !

I've had this pack for over a year and still discovering tones. Which preset do you guys think will get me closest to a zakk wylde sound?

Hi @clags -- I got to see Zakk do his thing at a special Experience Hendrix concert here in Austin in last six months or so. Very cool. And I like that his playing clearly has some Frank Marino (Mahagony Rush) influences and he credits Frank, who iI think does not get the attention he deserves as a formidable player and creative songwriter.

After the concert, I did a little research on Zakk's rig, and made this preset. I don't have EMG pickups -- but see what you think. This preset is best for FM9 and III, because it uses two amp blocks (it needs to to have the stereo chorus sound spread between two amps). If you have an FM3 you'll need to set the amp 1 block to stereo input.

This also has a Rotovibe pedal, someone on the forum posted this and I can't recall who but they deserve the credit for it, not me.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Zakk Wylde.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 33
Hey dude do you have plans for a Dyna-Cab pack in the future?
Right now, I'm not planning to change any sounds in LoveGold from what they are today - I like them as is!

A lot of people tour and use these presets for gigs, and going to DynaCabs could cause the intended sound they rely on to drift. Plus it would take a lot of time.

But there is nothing to stop you from experimenting using a LiveGold preset with DynaCabs yourself and get results you like! I'd just advise you to copy any presets you want to experiment to a different location before you mess with the Cab block.

im a bit confused, it says February update and yet its june
The 2023 LiveGold firmware works fine on the latest firmware updates/sounds the same, unless you guys spot bugs I missed.

The 2023 LiveGold does not use Dynacabs, it uses Factory cabs, and those still work -- presets made on earlier year 2023 non-DynaCab firmware are not affected by the new ones. The only difference is you won't have any latest amp models added since.

The 2023 LiveGold firmware works fine on the latest firmware updates/sounds the same, unless you guys spot bugs I missed.

The 2023 LiveGold does not use Dynacabs, it uses Factory cabs, and those still work -- presets made on earlier year 2023 non-DynaCab firmware are not affected by the new ones. The only difference is you won't have any latest amp models added since.
no what i mean is, this is a feb update, and its june? so the update released at the start of the year in February is not changed?

Back
Top Bottom