Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
That's a Windows problem. A file's path length is limited to 260 characters. If you have that file deep in a nest of folders, the path length (adding up all the characters in the file name, the names of all the folders that contain it, the drive letter, and all the backslashes and whatnot) can exceed the maximum. If you put the file higher up in your folder hierarchy, you won't have that problem.
Yep. I am on a Mac. I have no way of knowing what a Windows machine will do.

If you guys flag these file name issues specifically (what docs) here for me, i can fix it for the final release. Sorry.

Yep. I am on a Mac. I have no way of knowing what a Windows machine will do.

If you guys flag these file name issues specifically (what docs) here for me, i can fix it for the final release. Sorry.
It's the total path length, not just the file name, and the containing path on each user's machine isn't something you control.

I'd suggest a strongly worded note in the release notes explaining the issue. That's about all you can do.

It’s the same as the one from a few weeks back, just was saved under 20.01 public beta. No sonic changes. This mainly just adds Bank 1 for you guys.

I will start on Bank 2 this weekend but am out for a week later this month, so will pick Bank 2 and finish it in July, probably first week or so.
Gotcha so basically Banks 1 and 3 are updated to firmware 20.

BTW, damn the firmware sounds great!

Don’t be afraid to try other IR substitutions in - can make stuff sound even better.

I releveled scenes in some cases, it should be more even across Scenes, and a tad hotter for higher gain amps. Leads scenes are leveled not with open E or chord but me playing single notes up at 10th fret.

I also made improvements in some amp sounds here and there, little tweaks. For example, the Captain Hook sounds a little less muffled now, as I used a different speaker impedance curve for it that prior.

Enjoy!

Like @Dave Merrill said, there's not much you can do about it, short of keeping filenames as short as practical. In Windows, it's possible to nest enough folders together that no file can open.

@austinbuddy

I appreciate your continued efforts to keep the Live Gold pack current with the ever changing moving Fractal FM3 FW target. I have had this pack of presets for well over a year, but I have yet to incorporate any of them into my set of presets I use with my covers band. I have started to review and select a few several times now, but I always run into the fact that these presets are designed for live use (with FRFR systems I believe).

I use the FM3 as a front end preamp and effects board for my Mesa Boogie Mark V25. We play mostly small venues and all the factory presets and user presets I have dialed in myself are designed to be played at a much lower volume (level) than yours. I find your presets to be so loud that they are difficult to use in conjunction with mine without constantly having to “ride” the FM3 output volume knob to keep things somewhat level. If I change presets and forget about the difference, it can be a very unpleasant experience. 😎

I am familiar with the concept of preset leveling and I have used that to keep all of my current presets leveled relative to one another and have dialed them in based on my playing style, venue type and tonal preferences. I have gathered from my reading here that a lot of the sound (read tone) of your presets is based on the concept of playing at extreme volume levels to obtain the desired break-up, distortion, overdrive, compression, amp sound and feel, etc.

If I use the Fractal preset leveling procedure to bring your presets in line volume wise with my existing custom presets, will they maintain the tonal characteristics originally intended or is it necessary for the presets to be played at the levels you have designed in order to get their intended tones? If preset leveling won’t do it by itself, is there a short cut way to modify your presets to produce the intended tonal characteristics of your presets only at a reduced volume?

I hope this all makes sense! Thanks!

@austinbuddy

If I use the Fractal preset leveling procedure to bring your presets in line volume wise with my existing custom presets, will they maintain the tonal characteristics originally intended or is it necessary for the presets to be played at the levels you have designed in order to get their intended tones? If preset leveling won’t do it by itself, is there a short cut way to modify your presets to produce the intended tonal characteristics of your presets only at a reduced volume?
Short answer: level the presets, and don’t sweat the volume. You have physical knobs to set how loud everything is.

Slightly longer answer: the LiveGold presets sound good at lower volumes. Very good. But they really sing when you’re playing at gig volume.

Last edited:
Short answer: level the presets, and don’t sweat the volume. You have physical knobs to set how loud everything is.

Slightly longer answer: the LiveGold presets sound good at lower volumes. Very good. But they really sing when you’re playing at gig volume.
Thanks Rex. That is what I was hoping for.

Reactions: Rex
Good news - got LiveGold Bank 2 full updated this week! Reworked some amps there too.

All three banks of LiveGold for FM3, FM9, and Axe-FX IIII are now fully updated to latest available firmware as of June 26, 2022, and now available in your accounts. Login to your account and go to the "My DownLoads" area and find the zip file labeled LATEST June 2022.

If you have already loaded up Banks 1 and 3 from the partial update from earlier this month, know that those are still good snd you can just install Bank 2. I did re-save Banks 1 and 3 under this update, but other than that they are not changed as presets.

Look at the README notes, and make sure you have the correct firmware to match.

(FM9 users have to wait until the next firmware - either 2.03beta or maybe 3.0) is publicly released).

These sound great. Re-leveled a lot of them, some EQ touches. I did change some speaker impedance curves in a few amps to make them sound clearer, like the Captain Hook (in Bank 1), the Dumbles. Check out the Boutique amps in Bank 2, the Suhr Badger and the Dr. Z Route 66, the CAE. Pretty cool!

At this rare moment, all TonePacks I offer are up to date and work with currently available firmwares.

Headed out on vacation for a week....enjoy the tones!

Good news - got LiveGold Bank 2 full updated this week! Reworked some amps there too.

All three banks of LiveGold for FM3, FM9, and Axe-FX IIII are now fully updated to latest available firmware as of June 26, 2022, and now available in your accounts. Login to your account and go to the "My DownLoads" area and find the zip file labeled LATEST June 2022.

If you have already loaded up Banks 1 and 3 from the partial update from earlier this month, know that those are still good and you can just install Bank 2. I did re-save Banks 1 and 3 under this update, but other than that, they are not changed as presets.

(FM9 users have to wait until the next firmware - either 2.03 beta or maybe 3.0 is publicly released).

These sound great! Re-leveled many of them, some EQ touches. I did change some speaker impedance curves in a few amps to make them sound clearer, like the Captain Hook (in Bank 1), the Dumbles.

Check out the Boutique amps in Bank 2, the Suhr Badger and the Dr. Z Route 66, the CAE. Pretty cool!

At this rare moment, all TonePacks I offer are up to date and work with currently available firmwares.

NOTE: FM9 users still will have to wait until the next firmware comes out from Fractal Audio - either 2.03 beta or maybe 3.0. One that is is publicly released, your unit can "see" these presets. I've been beta testing and had to save these on that currently beta version.

All three banks of LiveGold for FM3, FM9, and Axe-FX IIII are now fully updated as of June 26, 2022, and now available in your accounts. Login to your account and go to the "My DownLoads" area and find the zip file labeled LATEST June 2022.

(If you have already loaded up Banks 1 and 3 from the partial update from earlier this month, know that those are still good and you can just install Bank 2. I did re-save Banks 1 and 3 under this update, but other than that, they are not changed as presets).

These sound great! Re-leveled many of them, some EQ touches. I did change some speaker impedance curves in a few amps to make them sound clearer, like the Captain Hook (in Bank 1), the Dumbles.

Check out the Boutique amps in Bank 2, the Suhr Badger and the Dr. Z Route 66, the CAE. Pretty cool!

If you have already loaded up Banks 1 and 3 from the partial update from earlier this month, know that those are still good snd you can just install Bank 2. I did re-save Banks 1 and 3 under this update, but other than that they are not changed as presets.

(FM9 users have to wait until the next firmware - either 2.03beta or maybe 3.0) is publicly released).

These sound great. Re-leveled a lot of them, some EQ touches. I did change some speaker impedance curves in a few amps to make them sound clearer, like the Captain Hook (in Bank 1), the Dumbles. Check out the Boutique amps in Bank 2, the Suhr Badger and the Dr. Z Route 66, the CAE. Pretty cool!

Thank you AustinBuddy!! :) Enjoy your vacation!!

Quick question, @austinbuddy - where are the OMG9 and OMG15 layout files? I see one OMG15 layout in the AX3 folder, but nothing elsewhere within the unzipped contents of the latest zip download. Would they be the same layout files that were in the Oct 2021 update, or have they changed?

Quick question, @austinbuddy - where are the OMG9 and OMG15 layout files? I see one OMG15 layout in the AX3 folder, but nothing elsewhere within the unzipped contents of the latest zip download. Would they be the same layout files that were in the Oct 2021 update, or have they changed?
Chris - they are not in this version, because when I get back I plan to tweak them and make sure they work with new firmwares - and will post them here for anyone that ones them. The older

zip files still have them though. My OMG9 layout is not working on my Fm3 but the old FC12 is with a III, but I want to tweak the Scene layout to make it easier to go up or down a preset.

Back
Top Bottom