Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi Gang:

I'm starting to update LiveGold for firmware beta 20 for the Axe-FX III. Hoping to have everything updated/done before the July 4th weekend for the III, if not before, but we'll see/will keep you posted.

Then we have to see if the FM9 and the FM3 get the new firmware changes found in firmware 20 beta on the III, before I can release everything together.

Honestly, on the Axe-FX III today, so far I've found the presets saved under firmware 17 sound great just as they are under the new firmware. So you aren't missing anything if you are using the firmware 17 LiveGold with the new 20 beta firmware probably. Which is great!

If you like your amp to feel a little less stiff and responsive, try the new speaker compression to set to about 2 or 3, instead of my usual default value of none/zero.

Raising speaker comp will change the feel under your fingers and your attack will be less immediate on the strings.

Unless you like it super soft, I'd suggest don't go for more than a visible reading of about -1db of added speaker compression, BUT, if you do, you may need raise the amp LEVEL a little compensate.

I'll keep ya'll posted.
Did you update LiveGold pack for the new FM9 firmware (one before FW20)?

Did you update LiveGold pack for the new FM9 firmware (one before FW20)?
No, but the base amp sounds work fine from the last update ya’ll have work on latest firmware 20 in my preliminary tests - tones have not changed from firmware 17.

For the next update coming by July, I mainly have to fix the compressors, and add five new presets for the LiveGold For new amp models added, and a few little things. But it still takes weeks to check out every preset on the III and the FM3. I feel real confident about porting III presets to the FM9 now without having to check them separately.

No, but the base amp sounds work fine from the last update ya’ll have work on latest firmware 20 in my preliminary tests - tones have not changed from firmware 17.

For the next update coming by July, I mainly have to fix the compressors, and add five new presets for the LiveGold For new amp models added, and a few little things. But it still takes weeks to check out every preset on the III and the FM3. I feel real confident about porting III presets to the FM9 now without having to check them separately.
Quick update:

Most of the LiveGold TonePack sounds made in firmware 17 for LiveGold are still good under firmware 20 Cygnus X, but I am finding some that need adjusting.

For example, the ENGLs for one are now too loud. The Fuchs seems low/off.

Rest assured, I'm going to go through every preset/scene before I release a final fw 20 one. The new presets will have a"-cx" at the end of their names so you can distinguish the Cygnus X version (fw20) from firmware 17 (-c)

I've already fixed/updated all the affected compressors this weekend.

I'm probably going to leave the new drive comp alone (it's usually set at zero in my TonePacks) but you guys can play with it, it will change the feel for some amps, and could make some sound better around a value of 1 to 3 (2 is new default)...

I'm going to just include a separate presets folder in a final zip for the new amp models added since firmware 17, there will be six new presets, JMP-1 Clean 1 and Clean 2, '59 Bassman normal, the Tweed Twin Normal and Tweed Twin Jumped, and the FAS Buttery (really great model!).

I don't have a probable ETA yet -- but am going to work as hard as I can to have it all out before July hits. The beta editors I'm testing are letting me do it all on a III (make changes/updates there), and then they port over well to the FM9 and FM3 from there beautifully in my tests so far this weekend.

So I went through some of LiveGold Bank C made under firmware 17 (October 2021) today on my III and A/B/Cing to FM9 and FM3... these are Modern and Metal amps...

Did find a few amps that needed fixing under Cygnus X.

The Powerball, the 1ENGL Savage Contour OFF (the 2ENGL Contour ON presets are fine), Diezel VH4 Silver channels 2 and 3 and Xtra VH4 Chnl 3, 6160 FAS amp and the Block 5150 Mark Holcomb presets (man those sound great again after I fixed!).

Some of these were just a re-level, but others I had to tweak a few things. They are rockin' again in the update to come for firmware 20 am working on.

Most of the others I checked (about 1/3 of the bank) were fine "as is." I'll keep ya'll posted.

So I went through some of LiveGold Bank C made under firmware 17 (October 2021) today on my III and A/B/Cing to FM9 and FM3... these are Modern and Metal amps...

The Powerball, the 1ENGL Savage Contour OFF (the 2ENGL Contour ON presets are fine), Diezel VH4 Silver channels 2 and 3 and Xtra VH4 Chnl 3, 6160 FAS amp and the Block 5150 Mark Holcomb presets (man those sound great again after I fixed!).

Some of these were just a re-level, but others I had to tweak a few things. They are rockin' again in the update to come for firmware 20 am working on.

Most of the others I checked (about 1/3 of the bank) were fine "as is." I'll keep ya'll posted.

Okay LiveGold TonePack fans - I just put up a PARTIAL UPDATE of just LiveGold Bank 3 (only)-- the modern/metal amps -- in your accounts.

It's now available to existing LiveGold customers (or new), you should see it in your accounts at www.austinbuddy.com upon login, showing under the "My Downloads" tab there.

It should be labeled as "LATEST_PartialUpdate-OnlyBank3_LiveGold." or June 2022, etc.

Things to know:

This is just Bank 3 - the metal/modern amps bank. The other LiveGold bank updates for Banks 1 and 2 will come later, in late June or more likely in July. Updating those is my #1 priority over the next few weeks.

In addition to Bank 3, there is also a folder of six new individual amp presets with six individual presets covering new amp models added since October 2021. Those presets you'll find the in subfolders under the unit type cover the new JMP1-Clean 1 and JMP1 -Clean 2, FAS Buttery, Tweed Twin Jumped, Tweed Twin Normal and '59 Bassman Normal channel.

Bank 3 and these new six presets are all updated to firmware 20 for Axe-Fx III or firmware 5.03 for FM3. Those are both publicly available firmwares. Check out the Mark Holcomb presets if you like Periphery, with Cliff's tweaks to 6160 type models, they sound better than ever.

However for FM9 users, Bank 3 and the individual new amp presets are saved under a non-released firmware, 2.03. So unfortunately, you can't use them until that gets released by Fractal Audio (if you try, the presets you load will look blank). Sorry about that, but I'm beta testing fw 2.03 so that's what they get saved under. I can't say when that firmware will be released...that's wholly up to FAS. The 2.03 beta firmware update sounds great though!

So - enjoy. If you find an error, let me know either here on email me, and I will get it fixed for the final release.

Cheers! Enjoy the tones!

Okay LiveGold TonePack fans - I just put up a PARTIAL UPDATE of just LiveGold Bank 3 (only)-- the modern/metal amps -- in your accounts.

It's now available to existing LiveGold customers (or new), you should see it in your accounts at www.austinbuddy.com upon login, showing under the "My Downloads" tab there.

It should be labeled as "LATEST_PartialUpdate-OnlyBank3_LiveGold." or June 2022, etc.

Things to know:

This is just Bank 3 - the metal/modern amps bank. The other LiveGold bank updates for Banks 1 and 2 will come later, in late June or more likely in July. Updating those is my #1 priority over the next few weeks.

In addition to Bank 3, there is also a folder of six new individual amp presets with six individual presets covering new amp models added since October 2021. Those presets you'll find the in subfolders under the unit type cover the new JMP1-Clean 1 and JMP1 -Clean 2, FAS Buttery, Tweed Twin Jumped, Tweed Twin Normal and '59 Bassman Normal channel.

Bank 3 and these new six presets are all updated to firmware 20 for Axe-Fx III or firmware 5.03 for FM3. Those are both publicly available firmwares. Check out the Mark Holcomb presets if you like Periphery, with Cliff's tweaks to 6160 type models, they sound better than ever.

However for FM9 users, Bank 3 and the individual new amp presets are saved under a non-released firmware, 2.03. So unfortunately, you can't use them until that gets released by Fractal Audio (if you try, the presets you load will look blank). Sorry about that, but I'm beta testing fw 2.03 so that's what they get saved under. I can't say when that firmware will be released...that's wholly up to FAS. The 2.03 beta firmware update sounds great though!

So - enjoy. If you find an error, let me know either here on email me, and I will get it fixed for the final release.

Cheers! Enjoy the tones!

Things to know:

Cheers! Enjoy the tones!

Things to know:

Cheers! Enjoy the tones!
Hey, I bought the Live Gold pack when I owned an FM3/FM9, but now I’m moving to the FX III. Do I have access to the presets made for the FX III or do I have to buy again?

Thanks, I’ll have to go download the latest version when I get my new unit!

So basically I should grab bank 3 from the latest update and use banks 1/2 from the October update?
Yes. I think by end of next week I will have Bank 1 ready also and will updated the zip file so ya’ll can have that too.

But it will be July before I can finish bank 2. Am headed to Maine for a week’s much-needed and overdue vacation, right before the 4th. Then back at it!

A lot of LiveGold amps made on firmware 17+ like the Brown Eye sound the same/great on firmware 20. But here and there I am tweaking again and re-leveling across all four scenes as I go through each preset. I just can’t help myself.

Another thing you guys will want to ay with is the new speaker compression in firmware 20. I like it much better than prior one. I am still leaving it OFF in most presets. The amp is stiffer and responds more immediately when you play with it at Zero to me, but that said a value of 1 or 2 will soften It up really nicely and a lot of you players will prefer that - so you get to decide, not me!

UPDATE: A new partial update for firmware 20.01 public beta is done for LIveGold Bank 1 (Marshall styles) and Bank 3 (metal and modern) and is available NOW as "The Latest June 2022" in your "My DownLoads" account area.

Bank 2 will be completed and added in July.

UPDATE: A new partial update for firmware 5.03 is done for LiveGold Bank 1 (Marshall styles) and Bank 3 (metal and modern) and is available NOW as "The Latest June 2022" in your "My DownLoads" account area.

UPDATE: A new partial update for firmware 5.03 is done for LiveGold Bank 1 (Marshall styles) and Bank 3 (metal and modern) and is available NOW as "The Latest June 2022" in your "My DownLoads" account area.

Thank you!!! :D

Also - just FYSA - the "readme" PDF initially will give you an error when you try to open it. This has also been seen before in prior versions, and strangely is due to the length of the file name. Simply rename it to something shorter, and it will open just fine. :)

Last edited:
UPDATE: I've updated two banks for you in LiveGold for the FM9.

However, they are saved under an unreleased non-public beta firmwares 2.03b.

So you can download the zip file, but until Fractal Audio publicly releases an FM9 firmware 2.03 (or 3.0?), these presets will appear blank if you load them.

This is just a partial update - it contains LiveGold Bank 1 (Marshall styles) and Bank 3 (metal and modern) in a zip file labeled "The Latest" in your "My DownLoads" account area.

Bank 2 will be completed and added in July 2022. Hopefully by then we'll have new the required firmware publicly released! :cool:

UPDATE: A new partial update for firmware 20.01 public beta is done for LIveGold Bank 1 (Marshall styles) and Bank 3 (metal and modern) and is available NOW as "The Latest June 2022" in your "My DownLoads" account area.

I just downloaded the Bank 3 for Firmware 20. What is now updated in the beta for Bank 3 or is it the same?

I just downloaded the Bank 3 for Firmware 20. What is now updated in the beta for Bank 3 or is it the same?
It’s the same as the one from a few weeks back, just was saved under 20.01 public beta. No sonic changes. This mainly just adds Bank 1 for you guys.

I will start on Bank 2 this weekend but am out for a week later this month, so will pick Bank 2 and finish it in July, probably first week or so.

Also - just FYSA - the "readme" PDF initially will give you an error when you try to open it. This has also been seen before in prior versions, and strangely is due to the length of the file name. Simply rename it to something shorter, and it will open just fine. :)
That's a Windows problem. A file's path length is limited to 260 characters. If you have that file deep in a nest of folders, the path length (adding up all the characters in the file name, the names of all the folders that contain it, the drive letter, and all the backslashes and whatnot) can exceed the maximum. If you put the file higher up in your folder hierarchy, you won't have that problem.

Back
Top Bottom