Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi AB, what’s your take on the new Speaker Compression modeling that was added to the 3......and assume it is headed to FM3........Will it change things For the Pack ?
thanks

And best of all -- the 1000+ LIVE GOLD FM3 TonePack also on introductory sale until August for $79, and then this fall will go back to the normal price of $99.

The shop says sale $85.52 and normal price $107.17. If we buy now, is the price $79 or $85.52?

I am waiting for the Axe-FX III release. Will that introductory offer be maintained for the Axe-FX III pack if it is are released after August, or would it be better that we buy now the FM3 pack and then get a free update to the Axe-FX III?

The shop says sale $85.52 and normal price $107.17. If we buy now, is the price $79 or $85.52?

I am waiting for the Axe-FX III release. Will that introductory offer be maintained for the Axe-FX III pack if it is are released after August, or would it be better that we buy now the FM3 pack and then get a free update to the Axe-FX III?
That pricing is the default using TX sales tax...make an account and update your address and you will see the correct pricing for your area. (I had same issue).

That is Texas Sales Tax. The "Live Gold" TonePack sale will go until August 31 then end.

The Axe-III Version should be out "sometime in August," -- but you can buy FM3 version now (and if you like, use Axe-Edit Preset Manager to load them into your Axe-Fx III), because eventually the Axe-Fx III version will also be in your downloads area. Whoever buys the TonePack gets access to BOTH the FM3 and Axe-Fx III Version (when ready).

The Live Gold TonePack FM3 preset names end in "FM3," and the forthcoming Axe-Fx III presets names will end in "AX3," so you'll be able to tell the difference when you get the later versions and can overwrite accordingly on your Axe-Fx III.

While I'm here...productive time with the ENGLs and Diezel VH4 Silver today for the forthcoming Bank 3 of modern/metal amps and misc. Have an Adam Jones Tool-type sound nailed in there as an extra too.

I'm pretty confident the final Bank 3 will be done before August 1 if not sooner, will let ya'll know.

I've purchased the FM3 presets and converted to the Axe-FXIII. I don' tknow if I am missing something, but the CAB block is pointing to User IRs. As far as I know this pack is not using external IRs. Could this be something related to FracTool?
I have tried both converting individual presets and converting a whole bank.

When I select any factory IR, it sounds like a fart. Even if I reset the AMP block :sweatsmile:

I suspect where the fart sound may be coming from: the Speaker Curve is not stable. It is spiking randomly.
This keeps happening even if I reset the AMP block or if I select another amp type

I attach a converted preset, so you can have a look to the the spikes at the Speaker Curve

note: to avoid sharing a commercial preset, I have replaced all blocks with shunts, except AMP and CAB, reset the AMP block and replaced it with another model.

Attachments

• OD1 Bass JMP-1 FM3 fart.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've purchased the FM3 presets and converted to the Axe-FXIII. I don' tknow if I am missing something, but the CAB block is pointing to User IRs. As far as I know this pack is not using external IRs. Could this be something related to FracTool?
I have tried both converting individual presets and converting a whole bank.

When I select any factory IR, it sounds like a fart. Even if I reset the AMP block :sweatsmile:

Hi @Piing:

When I import the FM3 presets into the Axe-Fx III using Preset manager to import a bank in the side column (browser, in Axe-Edit III) and then drag over 128 at once/write them, the first two Cab IRs so far in 12.12 (last I checked) show up fine and in the Axe III Cab block, the next two (not available in the FM3) should be muted. can you screen shot what you see?

As to speaker impedance, I'm not sure what's up with that. What firmware are you running? I have not tested the latest one from this week with the Live Gold TonePack that Cliff just released - is it that one?

We can take this off-line - email me Sunday.

Last edited:
It seems like it is an issue when converting to Axe-FX III FW12.14. I have downgraded to FW 11.01 and the conversion is fine.

I have upgraded to FW12.14 again, and the presets are OK

Great collection of tones, BTW. Congratulations!

Last edited:

I just tried and create an account with my real address in the UK and the tax went away

i purchased the pack as I think worth giving it a go

will try later this evening after my siesta but I am sure will be fantastic!

@austinbuddy tge small bugs listed in a previous post are amended in the download or shall we just tweak it manually?

cheers

I just tried and create an account with my real address in the UK and the tax went away

i purchased the pack as I think worth giving it a go

will try later this evening after my siesta but I am sure will be fantastic!

@austinbuddy tge small bugs listed in a previous post are amended in the download or shall we just tweak it manually?

cheers
Hey @Rafa Diaz -- I haven't fixed the few little errors noted in this thread above yet in the download zip file (fixed on my FM3 and Axe-Fx III though), so make them yourself for now.

When I finish Bank 3 and do a new zip file sometime around August 1, it will include all the fixes you guys are reporting here (keep them coming!).

Also, if you are using layouts for FM3 or OMG9, use the files for that I provided as attachments in this thread earlier. The reason for not doing the fixes is, I try to touch the live download zips as little as possible to avoid complicating or confusing issues for everyone...

It seems like it is an issue when converting to Axe-FX III FW12.14. I have downgraded to FW 11.01 and the conversion is fine.

Great collection of tones, BTW. Congratulations!

Thanks for pointing this out @Piing. I have not downloaded the new firmware 12.13. I know the LIve Gold presets work without the issues you describe fine under the 12.12 firmware though. So Axe-Fx III guys take note.

I'l let Fractal Audio know after I test/confirm it myself. I know Cliff has a new speaker compression algorithm in the latest one, but my presets turn all speaker compression "off" by design. I probably will stick with that approach - strictly playing-wise, it feels more like a real amp to me, more immediate in response when playing with it off.

So....yeah...color me impressed!

Quick demo of the FAS BrownSound Plexi FM3 preset from AustinBuddy's awesome Live Gold Tonepack for FM3. Using Scene 4 "High/Lead", CS2 boost is ON, FAT boost is ON, Saturation boost is ON. Drive 2 is also engaged, using the Channel B FET Boost. No tweaks to the patch - everything is the way AustinBuddy made it. Guitar is a PRS SE Custom 24 (made in Indonesia) with MANN/PRS all-brass bridge, Seymour Duncan Sentient and Pegasus pickups, CTS 500k pots, and PRS SE locking tuners with brass shafts. 9-42 NYXL strings, standard tuning. You're hearing my FM3 going into my Friedman ASM-12.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OMG! VERY nice!

I think I chose VERY wisely.... buying this FM3 Pack! Thx so much for posting this vid!!!!!!!!!

Well...let me just tell you...for me personally, I have a VERY hard time stopping the evaluation of these presets. Since posting that video, I've tried a few others, and I can very easily get into Vivian Campbell-type Les Paul'ish, UFO "Rock Bottom", or even Hair Metal territory on multiple presets. If I spent some time trying different amounts of gain, I could go into Steve Lukather-like territory on the Bogner Ecstasy presets too.

I have NOT played all the amps in this pack in real life, but I have played some Marshalls and other tube amps over the course of my life, and I'm literally LOL'ing at the response and feel of these presets! It was SO worth the purchase price!

Like many people, playing loud at home is a challenge, unless the rest of the family is out (lol!), which means turning up my FRFR where it needs to be is not always possible. I found that I wasn't happy with the tones until I was able to get my Friedman ASM-12 up to 1.5-2 on the volume knob on the back. That sounds funny, but with the FM3 Output around 1-2 o'clock (as recommended, and I see why), my FRFR gets REAL loud REAL quick. It's needed, though, to really get the most out of these tones, for me, at least (YMMV, of course)...

Thanks again, AB! SUPER stoked (hard to wait) for Bank 3 for all the higher gain stuff!!! Thank you for sharing that ENGL Powerball preset in the meantime!! :)

Last edited:
Well...let me just tell you...for me personally, I have a VERY hard time stopping the evaluation of these presets. Since posting that video, I've tried a few others, and I can very easily get into Vivian Campbell-type Les Paul'ish, UFO "Rock Bottom", or even Hair Metal territory on multiple presets. If I spent some time trying different amounts of gain, I could go into Steve Lukather-like territory on the Bogner Ecstasy presets too.

I have NOT played all the amps in this pack in real life, but I have played some Marshalls and other tube amps over the course of my life, and I'm literally LOL'ing at the response and feel of these presets! It was SO worth the purchase price!

Like many people, playing loud at home is a challenge, unless the rest of the family is out (lol!), which means turning up my FRFR where it needs to be is not always possible. I found that I wasn't happy with the tones until I was able to get my Friedman ASM-12 up to 1.5-2 on the volume knob on the back. That sounds funny, but with the FM3 Output around 1-2 o'clock (as recommended, and I see why), my FRFR gets REAL loud REAL quick. It's needed, though, to really get the most out of these tones, for me, at least (YMMV, of course)...

Thanks again, AB! SUPER stoked (hard to wait) for Bank 3 for all the higher gain stuff!!! Thank you for sharing that ENGL Powerball preset in the meantime!! :)
@Chris Naish - wow, thanks amigo, glad you love them as much as I do! Today I finished some Tool (Adam Jones) and Metallica Hetfield style presets in the VH4 in an "Xtras" Silver VH4 Channel 3 preset.

You've figured it out. You have to play presets loud to get the real amp in a room sound. The dreaded Fletcher Munson effect (readers -- google this at Wikipedia if you don't know what it means!) can make them sound weaker at low (bedroom quiet) volumes. I'm playing them as loud here as you are there when I dial them in - it's essential.

I have to say the Diezel VH4 could very well be my desert island amp. I can get so many different tones from it at all gains from tweed to vintage marshalls to intense metal, and it just sounds killer. I spent most of the day on the Silver and Blue VH4 presets and am tackling the Herbies now too I decided to use different cabs (V30s for Silver VH4) for the Blue VH4 (Greenbacks mixed with a K100 IR) and that was a good call. I'm actually liking the Blue VH4 now as much as I like my perennial fav the Bogner Ecstasy... Rock on!

Hi @Piing -- did you use FracTool to do this? Because that won't work. It may mess with the presets actually.

Remember, these FM3 presets are already designed to work on BOTH units (FM3 & Axe-Fx III) -- there is no need for a FracTool conversion. (That may be why your speaker impedance stuff was messed up).

FractalBot won't work either. to load FM3 presets into an Axe-Fx III -- last I checked, you can't send an FM3 bank to the Axe-Fx III as a bank. It will give you a message of invalid file format.

Right now, the ONLY way to do this right is using Axe-Edit III Preset Manager. You open that up, and then in the left browser column, you navigate and find the FM3 bank you want to import. It loads into the browser window (left side) , and you can click and drag presets into the Axe-Fx III. I drag entire banks in at once (128 presets), and then click save.

All that will be moot and unnecessary once I get the Axe-Fx III bank files done in August -- then FractalBot can do the bank loading work for the Axe-Fx III Live Gold TonePack version

I tried converting with both FracTool and Axe-Edit III preset manager. The result was the same: a corrupted AMP block in all presets

No problems converting to FW11.01 using Axe-Edit III preset manager

Thank you!

Wait...What?!?...“Friedman ASM-12 UP to 1.5-2...”. I thought we were supposed to play the Friedman ASM and ASC (and for that matter the CLR too) at around 8 to 10 (near MAX volume) and use the FM3 OUT1 volume knob to dial in appropriate volume. What am I doing wrong because if I set my Friedman ASC, ASM or my CLR to 1.5 - 2, I’d barely be able to hear them?! I don’t think they could keep up with a real 50 or 100 watt amp unless they’re dimed... Should I be making a pad change or something in the FM3 to make them louder because I just downloaded that ABSOLUTELY AWESOME AB ENGL preset and I had my Friedmans at 8 on the dial and the FM3 almost dimed and they were barely outputting what my real 50 and 100 watt amps sound like at 2 on the master volume... HELP?

Back
Top Bottom