Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Thanks for this! Bank 2 sounding great. On Bank 1 Marshalls - have there been any changes since your C-update? I have a library that picks and chooses some of those, but do want to be current if you made any improvements.
He re-leveled them as they were leveled too hot

Thanks for this! Bank 2 sounding great. On Bank 1 Marshalls - have there been any changes since your C-update? I have a library that picks and chooses some of those, but do want to be current if you made any improvements.
Yes - the Cygnus Bank 1 that came with Bank 2 in the June zip file was re-leveled (output more uniform), so I suggest you use the June version of Bank 1 and replace the May Bank 1 presets with it.

Nothing wrong tone-wise with the original May 2021 Cygnus version of Bank 1, it was just leveled too hot/now fixed.

The Bonner Ecstacy was in bank 3 right? I have been using that preset and really enjoying it now so will definitely back it up before I update. Could you help me clarify what my order of operations should be here?

1) Make backups of all current presets and factory presets
2) Download Firmware 4.00
3) Perform soft resets on all amp blocks which will reset the amp settings but not the amp dynamics?
4) Re-download your updated Cygnus Live Gold banks?

Sorry for the confusion mate and thanks for all the time and help

The LiveGold Bogner Ecstasy is found in Bank 1, which is out now. There is also a Fractal Factory preset I submitted for that XTC amp too (I own a real one, it's uncannily close to the real thing).

The Bogner Uberschall though has two presets in LiveGold -- one in Bank 1, and one that will be in the forthcoming Bank 3 Modern/metal bank.

When you update your FM3 to Cygnus 4.0, understand you do NOT need to do any reset of amp blocks if you have downloaded and load the new June 2021 Cygnus 4.x version LiveGold presets now available (Banks 1 and 2). I did all of the amp resting, tone tweaking and re-leveling for you. So the June 2021 LiveGold download banks are ready to go on firmware 4.x, but you have to use the Cygnus 4.0 version of LiveGold for them to be compatible. If you try to use firmware 3.0 LiveGold presets in Cygnus 4.0 firmware, it's going to change things like level and in some cases tone, and I don't recommend that.

Let me also add that the firmware 3.x LiveGold presets still sound great on firmware 3.0. If you are happy with your sound, just understand you are not required to update firmware!

So - if you update to Cygnus 4.x, you may have to reset the amps for some of your own personal presets, but not needed for the Cygnus 4.x LiveGold June 2021 version.

I've started working on updating Live Gold Bank 3 (metal/modern) to Cygnus...aiming for early July for release, we'll see.

Am struggling with the Energyball (ENGL Powerball) model in Cygnus tonight. The amp model must have changed in Cygnus. I let beta team know. Cliff may have updated it and maybe the new model is correct, but it doesn't have the cool crushing lows it did under fw15.x.

So, I'm going to have to use a smile curve in the EQ section of the amp to get it sound like it did under firmware 15.x. The reason I'm posting about it is because the Powerball was one of the 'sample/example"presets on Axe-Change under fw15 and I wanted to get an update version up this weekend. Still plan too. But it's not going to be identical sounding to last one like most are.

Two quick things....both Bank 2 related for the June 2021 release that just happened.

Discovered I forget to fix the Input channel B that was set to 90k and not to Auto Impedance. Will do that for next update (July).

For now, won't affect your tone really. This should be set to Auto Impedance unless you are using a Fuzz drive -- then set it to 90k. Had fixed that in Bank 1 (that one is right), but forgot for bank 2. Making sure it is fixed in forthcoming bank 3 now so I don't forget!

Also, the latest 16.04 Cygnus update fixed/updated the Class-A 30W brite model. That is in Scene 1 of the "AC-30 Brite&Normal* Chnl"preset and a U2-type sound.

If you want to fix the amp model yourself now instead of waiting for my next release, do these five little tweaks:

1. On Authentic page, set Tone to 4.77

2. On ideal page, set drive to 5.0

3. Set Mid to about 4.03.

4. Set Input EQ "Low Cut" to 75Hz.

5. Set out Level to -6.4db

Those tweaks will get you back to the Axe-Fx III firmware 15 (or firmware 3.x for FM3) older, originally-dialed in sound for that amp/preset/scene.

Last edited:
Two quick things....both Bank 2 related for the June 2021 release that just happened.

Discovered I forget to fix the Input channel B that was set to 90k and not to Auto Impedance. Will do that for next update (July).

For now, won't affect your tone really. This should be set to Auto Impedance unless you are using a Fuzz drive -- then set it to 90k. Had fixed that in Bank 1 (that one is right), but forgot for bank 2. Making sure it is fixed in forthcoming bank 3 now so I don't forget!

Also, the latest 16.04 Cygnus update fixed/updated the Class-A 30W brite model. That is in Scene 1 of the "AC-30 Brite&Normal* Chnl"preset and a U2-type sound.

If you want to fix the amp model yourself now instead of my next release, do these five little tweaks:

1. On Authentic page, set Tone to 4.77

2. On ideal page, set drive to 5.0

3. Set Mid to about 4.03.

4. Set Input EQ "Low Cut" to 75Hz.

5. Set out Level to -6.4db

Those tweaks will get you back to the Axe-Fx III firmware 15 (or firmware 3.x for FM3) older, originally-dialed in sound for that amp.

The LiveGold Bogner Ecstasy is found in Bank 1, which is out now. There is also a Fractal Factory preset I submitted for that XTC amp too (I own a real one, it's uncannily close to the real thing).

The Bogner Uberschall though has two presets in LiveGold -- one in Bank 1, and one that will be in the forthcoming Bank 3 Modern/metal bank.

When you update your FM3 to Cygnus 4.0, understand you do NOT need to do any reset of amp blocks if you have downloaded and load the new June 2021 Cygnus 4.x version LiveGold presets now available (Banks 1 and 2). I did all of the amp resting, tone tweaking and re-leveling for you. So the June 2021 LiveGold download banks are ready to go on firmware 4.x, but you have to use the Cygnus 4.0 version of LiveGold for them to be compatible. If you try to use firmware 3.0 LiveGold presets in Cygnus 4.0 firmware, it's going to change things like level and in some cases tone, and I don't recommend that.

Let me also add that the firmware 3.x LiveGold presets still sound great on firmware 3.0. If you are happy with your sound, just understand you are not required to update firmware!

So - if you update to Cygnus 4.x, you may have to reset the amps for some of your own personal presets, but not needed for the Cygnus 4.x LiveGold June 2021 version.
OK thanks I think this all worked so far. Will you be updating the "XTC Rig"? for the bogner ecstasy? I see the vintage and modern ecstasy presets but am a huge fan of the "XTC Rig"

OK thanks I think this all worked so far. Will you be updating the "XTC Rig"? for the bogner ecstasy? I see the vintage and modern ecstasy presets but am a huge fan of the "XTC Rig"
Ah - yes, I forgot, that is a second Bogner. It's at the end of Bank 3 in the extras section along with the Steel String Singer and electric into acoustic preset. Yep - all will be updated.

Hey AB, thanks for all the work you've done. I really love this pack!

For firmware 4.0, I reset my FM3 system parameters and everything to defaults to start with a clean slate. I have the newest FM3-Edit, and when I try to Import All Layouts (I'm using the one from January FM3+FC-6 OMG9), FM3-Edit freezes at Pasting Layout....

Is there an updated version?

Hey AB, thanks for all the work you've done. I really love this pack!

For firmware 4.0, I reset my FM3 system parameters and everything to defaults to start with a clean slate. I have the newest FM3-Edit, and when I try to Import All Layouts (I'm using the one from January FM3+FC-6 OMG9), FM3-Edit freezes at Pasting Layout....

Is there an updated version?
Short answer is no. I'm too busy updating hundreds of presets to fool with recreating FC12 and FC6 layouts right now that won't work like they did in January due to firmware changes. It is working fine on my Axe- Fx III with my FC -12. It seems to be an FM3 issue. Also, I kept getting lots of support questions about FC controllers/layouts and that's really for Fractal tech support, not me. the last thing I do before I put all three bansk to bed is check the layouts in July. If I can repair them, I will then.

But until then, hopefully someone smart on here will share their working layout for Cygnus 4.x for LiveGold (FM3 only, or OMG9) that works with everyone - anyone?

Understood. The amount of "free" work you do is incredible.

If anyone can suggest a way to modify the factory reset OMG9 to give quick access to Live Gold CS2, I'd really appreciate it.

Would it make sense for me to go back to 3.02, install your layouts, then upgrade to 4.0?
I would go back to 3.02 and re-install them. Work okay there?

Then SAVE them as an "All Layouts" file. So you cna try and re-import under 4.0

BUT I think one issue is, you have to reset All parameters on the hardware I believe when updating to firmware 4.0, and I think that resets some things/parameters you had to custom do to make OMG9 work. So I'd then go to that Forum thread/page and re-do those required changes settings for OMG9, then install the layout you saved, and see if it works then.

In theory that layout is the same as the one that it came with Tonepack in January. But i t may not be loading correctly because in 4.x the unit's parameters got reset. But I'm not sure and am crashing on presets to make it to July so don't have time to look into it.

We might want to ask @Admin M@ if he's updated the OMG9 layout generally to work with with Cygnus 4.0 as well...

Ah - yes, I forgot, that is a second Bogner. It's at the end of Bank 3 in the extras section along with the Steel String Singer and electric into acoustic preset. Yep - all will be updated.
Cool cool. So do I need to do a soft reset of the “XTC Rig” or should I leave as is for now

Cool cool. So do I need to do a soft reset of the “XTC Rig” or should I leave as is for now
Copy down all the settings on all
Pages, soft reset, then re-level it and you should be okay. I think Inset the tubes to EL34s in that one and I may touch some other advanced parameters but it should be close

I've started working on updating Live Gold Bank 3 (metal/modern) to Cygnus...aiming for early July for release, we'll see.

Am struggling with the Energyball (ENGL Powerball) model in Cygnus tonight. The amp model must have changed in Cygnus. I let beta team know. Cliff may have updated it and maybe the new model is correct, but it doesn't have the cool crushing lows it did under fw15.x.

So, I'm going to have to use a smile curve in the EQ section of the amp to get it sound like it did under firmware 15.x. The reason I'm posting about it is because the Powerball was one of the 'sample/example"presets on Axe-Change under fw15 and I wanted to get an update version up this weekend. Still plan too. But it's not going to be identical sounding to last one like most are.
OH Noooooo, that's a bummer, this is my favorite in your live gold pack.. And it's probably because of that deep thickness... Well, I have faith in you that you'll still make it sound amazing... Thanks for all the hard work!

Back
Top Bottom