Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I’ve got my first rehearsal with a new band tomorrow night, with the first time I’ll have ever used the AFX3. I’m using a couple of the Marshall presets in the pack as my general presets, but I’ve also copied them and am using different 3rd party IRs for each copy (for example , 3 different #34 presets - one for greenbacks, one for v30 and one for creambacks).

However, they’re sounding pretty ‘thin’ when I play them via my RedSound speakers. As such, I’mprobably just going to stick to Buddy’s presets directly.

Although.... I’m seriously tempted to update to the new Cygnus version, but I’m just concerned about resetting the amps and dialling it all back in. I’m guessing just copying the settings Buddy uses for 15.1 won’t really cut the mustard?

I’ve got my first rehearsal with a new band tomorrow night, with the first time I’ll have ever used the AFX3. I’m using a couple of the Marshall presets in the pack as my general presets, but I’ve also copied them and am using different 3rd party IRs for each copy (for example , 3 different #34 presets - one for greenbacks, one for v30 and one for creambacks).

However, they’re sounding pretty ‘thin’ when I play them via my RedSound speakers. As such, I’mprobably just going to stick to Buddy’s presets directly.

Although.... I’m seriously tempted to update to the new Cygnus version, but I’m just concerned about resetting the amps and dialling it all back in. I’m guessing just copying the settings Buddy uses for 15.1 won’t really cut the mustard?
Cygnus impact depends on the amp.

Some don’t change much, others a good bit.

If it’s a high risk situation or gig, I’d recommend you stay on firmware 15 for now as it works great. Make sense? You aren’t going to get any extra “edge” with Cygnus to make it worth the risk at the moment probably?

Last edited:
Cygnus mpact depends on the amp.

Some don’t change much, others a good bit.

If it’s a high risk situation or gig, I’d recommend you stay on firmware 15 for now as it works great. Make sense? You aren’t going to get any extra “edge” with Cygnus to make it worth the risk at the moment probably?
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking - just think I needed to hear it from someone else as well :)

Cheers!

Okay - Cygnus firmware 16.00 is publicly released.

Be aware, if you are on firmware 15, your presets could or will sound different if you upgrade firmwares. Proceed at your own risk, and if you don't want to stay on firmware 15 and wait, then PLEASE back up your presets with FractalBot before upgrading, so you can always revert back if needed be.

I will start my work updating Live Gold Bank 1 first (Marshall styles) this weekend and my hope is before end of April I can release (into your download account area on my website) an updated Bank 1only as Cygnus partial update, and that will give ya'll something to enjoy while I get the rest done.

Then in May-June I should get the other two Live gold Banks done and released.

This takes time to do right. I have to reset every single amp and scene and re-dial some parameters, so it's 1200 sounds and it going to take some time but I can work pretty fast, although have to rest my ears periodically for best results.

And firmware 15 still sounds and works great in the interim if you want to wait accordingly.

I'll post when TonePacks updates becomes ready/ available. Thanks everyone for your patience!

@austinbuddy i really dig the sounds from the SLO-100 clean, rhythm, and lead presets. I’ve been trying to combine 2 scenes from each into a nice full SLO-100 preset. I saved each amp and cab block from the scenes but for some reason I can’t get each scene to use a different amp/cab block even when I assign them to different channels. It always defaults every scene to my last selection of amp or cab block. Do I have to start a preset from scratch and use the saved blocks? Or is there a way I can modify one of the SLO presets to get to where I want?

@austinbuddy i really dig the sounds from the SLO-100 clean, rhythm, and lead presets. I’ve been trying to combine 2 scenes from each into a nice full SLO-100 preset. I saved each amp and cab block from the scenes but for some reason I can’t get each scene to use a different amp/cab block even when I assign them to different channels. It always defaults every scene to my last selection of amp or cab block. Do I have to start a preset from scratch and use the saved blocks? Or is there a way I can modify one of the SLO presets to get to where I want?
Hi @Jipps0525:

I'd follow this video on how to create a preset using amps/cabs chopped from other presets. You certainly can use one of the SLO presets asa the "base" and then cut and paste amps/cabs from other presets scenes into it -- you just need to make sure you have the amp/cab channels correctly aligned in each scene before you do the paste option. Hope that helps!

Just came on here to say, I liked these for the month I’ve used it, but still felt like I was missing something cause some of the amps just lacked the crunch of a real amp. I just upgraded to a pair of Adam A7X’s and the smile on my face won’t go away. I truly feel like I now own hundreds of new amps that sound the way they were INTENDED to sound like. You’re the man Buddy. I was never in love with Fender modlers compared to the real thing, but just playing a few min on the Tweed with the factory cabs, I honestly feel like I’m playing the real amp! AMAZING and if you’re doubting about buying these, just do it.

Just came on here to say, I liked these for the month I’ve used it, but still felt like I was missing something cause some of the amps just lacked the crunch of a real amp. I just upgraded to a pair of Adam A7X’s and the smile on my face won’t go away. I truly feel like I now own hundreds of new amps that sound the way they were INTENDED to sound like. You’re the man Buddy. I was never in love with Fender modlers compared to the real thing, but just playing a few min on the Tweed with the factory cabs, I honestly feel like I’m playing the real amp! AMAZING and if you’re doubting about buying these, just do it.
What were you using before those?

What were you using before those
What were you using before those?
Yamaha HS8’s. Great speakers I just don’t know if it something eternally. (Maybe a blown tweeter) since I did purchase used. Guitar’s sounded really good and studio music sounded phenomenal, but just had that blanket over speaker sound. This felt like I jumped from a practice amp to any desired cab and amp I ever wanted that you would have no idea it wasn’t the real thing if you were blind folded.

Yamaha HS8’s. Great speakers I just don’t know if it something eternally. (Maybe a blown tweeter) since I did purchase used. Guitar’s sounded really good and studio music sounded phenomenal, but just had that blanket over speaker sound. This felt like I jumped from a practice amp to any desired cab and amp I ever wanted that you would have no idea it wasn’t the real thing if you were blind folded.
Those are some quality Monitors you have, and next on my GAS Listo_O

About 13 months ago I bit the bullet and "invested in" some stupid expensive ATC 25 studio monitors. I literally did this because I was able to talk to both Eddie Kramer and Elliot Scheiner at a NAMM show and ask them what they mixed on, and they both said they used the ATCs and said so enthusiastically. Good enough for them, good enough for me!

After using them for awhile now, right next to my Atomic Neo-CLRs, I can see why. The low bass is very very well defined on them, and they are super balanced, and for that are far less ear fatiguing than any other studio monitor I've heard.

But I still like and prefer dialing on the Atomic CLRs for the TonePacks rather than the ATCs. Some thing about the coaxial design maybe and how large they are to fill my ears as I played and dial, the CLRs have very good minds and very detailed upper mids, and to me that's where the heart of guitar lies.

You know, I remember seeing that Fractal Matt Picone had Adam A7Xs in his home studio for many years and helped create many presets on them for lots of -- shall we say -- famous rock stars, and Matt loved those speakers with his units!

Hi Austin,

I note that many presets at the LiveGold have the Input Impedance set to 90K, and others to Auto. Is there some reason for that?

Hi Austin,

I note that many presets at the LiveGold have the Input Impedance set to 90K, and others to Auto. Is there some reason for that?

I use Impedance 90k setting anytime I may drop a fuzz drive into preset. So some places it is intentional, like JTM45. But some presets have this set to 90k in Scene B (or C) and it got carried over as I made new presets, incorrectly. I discovered it this weekend when updating the Marshall Style Banks 1 and am fixing it in the forthcoming Cygnus update. Feel free to change it to Auto Impedance for any preset you use that doesn't use a fuzz as a drive.

Planned to buy this pack. Registered on the site for confirmation mail, but now i can't login, can't register new user, can't reset password. Tried with 2 different emails... "Oops something went wrong. You are temporarily limited from using this site by the site user."
Tried to go into the cart and register at the same time i make the buy, but then it says I'm already registered... 😒

Hey @austinbuddy ,

Planned to buy this pack. Registered on the site for confirmation mail, but now i can't login, can't register new user, can't reset password. Tried with 2 different emails... "Oops something went wrong. You are temporarily limited from using this site by the site user."
Tried to go into the cart and register at the same time i make the buy, but then it says I'm already registered... 😒

Love when this happens, Austin will Take care of you personally....

Back
Top Bottom