Master on Fender Amps - 9 or 10?

Gizmo

Inspired
On my Ultra, setting the MV to around 9 was considered wide open on Fender amps (I might be mistaken about that number). Is that still the same on II? Or do I go all the way to 10? Just curious if it changed in new algorithms.

Many of the parameters that were not 1:1 with the real amp in the Axe I, are 1:1 in the Axe II. Although I have not seen Cliff directly address that one here, I would assume that it's one of the paramters that is now 1:1.

D

On my Ultra, setting the MV to around 9 was considered wide open on Fender amps (I might be mistaken about that number). Is that still the same on II? Or do I go all the way to 10? Just curious if it changed in new algorithms.

This is the same on the II. For non-master volume volume, crank the Master, and then use Drive for volume.
The manual says to set it at or close to max. In the troubleshooting Q&A it mentions a value of 8+.

This is the same on the II. For non-master volume volume, crank the Master, and then use Drive for volume.
The manual says to set it at or close to max. In the troubleshooting Q&A it mentions a value of 8+.

Ah, I was wrong then. It does make some sense to me why that is the case as it allows you to get some more distortion from the power section than you could with the real amp if you want it.

D

Back
Top Bottom