Massive AX8 Shipment?

TGP has changed so much over the past few years.

Seems as though some of the Harmony Central transplants brought over some of the vibe of what that became.

It has tamed a bit, thankfully. I still prefer this forum.
TGP has changed over the years, I've been on there since 2003. As user growth happens so does everyone's options, as do their self entitlement attitude. forums are awesome, but when they become a drag to hang out in, is when I walk away for a while.

Back on topic here, regardless of how massive the shipment is etc, more are shipping and those who still want one are getting closer to getting one.

Last edited:
I can't calculate for cartons and palettes I'm guessing about 1000-1100 per container. That's figuring the box is 22 x 16 x 8 but like I said I can't measure my MFC box.
On second thought, I guess the boxing could be smaller than I first thought - I was thinking closer to 32 x 24 x 10. And I don't think you can stack them all the way to the top - would be too much pressure on the bottom units. Closer to 3-400 maybe?

On second thought, I guess the boxing could be smaller than I first thought - I was thinking closer to 32 x 24 x 10. And I don't think you can stack them all the way to the top - would be too much pressure on the bottom units. Closer to 3-400 maybe?
Boxes are stronger than you think in terms of supporting static weight across their entire surface. As I mentioned in my post I would expect, but could wrongs that there are master cartons (X number unit per master carton) which use more rigid cardboard.

BTW I did a quick mock up in 3D of this problem and they were stacked about 11 high.

Man guitar players really get crazy analytical! Trying to figure out how many boxes are in a container? They will be on pallets and who know if they are double stacking or not. I am shocked no one has taken the theoretical numbers yet and looked at the fragmented wait list spreadsheet and tried to make assumptions of how many people from wait list will get covered out of this container. That doesn't take into account that a good chunk of these units may go to the other parts of the world. Couple that with the fact that we still have no idea (and won't ever know most likely) how many units ship a day and all we basically know now is that things are still moving along.

Man guitar players really get crazy analytical! Trying to figure out how many boxes are in a container? They will be on pallets and who know if they are double stacking or not.
I'm a game designer by trade so analysis is part and parcel for my trade. I live for spreadsheets. :) I'm not waiting on an AX-8 so I'm just doing this for fun. I wondered and learned, that's all. :) As I said, I wasn't 100% on the size of the unit's box nor did I know how much volume a master carton would take and the same with palettes. I know they are part of the equation but they are all X at this point.

I am sure this will not discourage anyone from arguing how many AX8's can fit into a shipping container, but we have so little details and so many variables to sort out. Unless Cliff is going to post the tracking info on the container and the shipping manifest we are just going to have to sit back and wait.

Questions:
1. How many AX8's shipped per container? They may not be packed from top to bottom\front to back
2. Are the AX8's fully assembled, or do they need further parts installed?
3. More than likely Fractal will flash the AX8's firmware, are they waiting on a new immanent FW release?
4. When will they actually arrive to Fractal?

All these questions could add days or weeks to the availability of the AX8's being sold...

I'm a game designer by trade so analysis is part and parcel for my trade. I live for spreadsheets. :) I'm not waiting on an AX-8 so I'm just doing this for fun. I wondered and learned, that's all. :) As I said, I wasn't 100% on the size of the unit's box nor did I know how much volume a master carton would take and the same with palettes. I know they are part of the equation but they are all X at this point.
Not picking on you at all. Sorry if it came off that way. You are just the latest analytical post I have seen. What you did for fun I promise someone will take a few level's deeper and it will be internet Gospel before Sat. So will it be your fault if that happens? Heck no but dudes will never stop going as far off the deep end as possible ;-)

Questions:
2. Are the AX8's fully assembled, or do they need further parts installed?
4. When will they actually arrive to Fractal?

All these questions could add days or weeks to the availability of the AX8's being sold...

#2 what comes is the chassis. They are assembled in the US so yes they will need some work done upon arriving.
#4 Customer's can be a pain then the cartage company has to pick them up and take it to fractal. This is not exactly UPS ground from CA to NH lol

Not picking on you at all. Sorry if it came off that way. You are just the latest analytical post I have seen. What you did for fun I promise someone will take a few level's deeper and it will be internet Gospel before Sat. So will it be your fault if that happens? Heck no but dudes will never stop going as far off the deep end as possible ;-)
No worries. I didn't take offense. Even if I was waiting for an AX8 I wouldn't been trying to predict when I was going to get one. I won't fall into that trap. I play "What if" a lot and like solving problems like this one. I learned that the interior of a 40' shipping container is 39' long, 7'8" wide and 7'9" tall.

No worries. I didn't take offense. Even if I was waiting for an AX8 I wouldn't been trying to predict when I was going to get one. I won't fall into that trap. I play "What if" a lot and like solving problems like this one. I learned that the interior of a 40' shipping container is 39' long, 7'8" wide and 7'9" tall.
I thought they would be a little taller. Average pallet is usually either 48x40x48 If it is under 8ft tall pallets might be 48x40x72

I thought they would be a little taller. Average pallet is usually either 48x40x48 If it is under 8ft tall pallets might be 48x40x72
Eh, I just Google'd "40' shipping container dimensions and used the first numbers I found. Like I said, just for fun not accuracy.

#2 what comes is the chassis. They are assembled in the US so yes they will need some work done upon arriving.
#4 Customer's can be a pain then the cartage company has to pick them up and take it to fractal. This is not exactly UPS ground from CA to NH lol
<vacuum type="info" class="speculation rampant fun">
When Cliff said "two 40 ft. containers are inbound", he meant they are on the big boat from China. Also, since the AX8s are assembled here in the US, these are just parts. Once they arrive, they have to clear customs and ship via truck to FAS HQ. Once the parts arrive in the shop they have to be assembled, undergo hardware testing, have the latest firmware loaded, then undergo final testing. This is how the boutique manufacturing process works.

Also, the last time any solid info became available asking for "patience", that information preceded a protracted period of zero availability (any invites go out today? ;)). IOW, it might be 6-12 weeks before customers see the benefit of those containers.

Also, also, those containers might not contain ONLY parts for the AX8, or only parts destined for FAS. Those are probably just the two containers that have FAS's shipment, among many others.
</vacuum>

Last edited:
<vacuum type="info" class="speculation rampant fun">
When Cliff said "two 40 ft. containers are inbound", he meant they are on the big boat from China. Also, since the AX8s are assembled here in the US, these are just parts. Once they arrive, they have to clear customs and ship via truck to FAS HQ. Once the parts arrive in the shop they have to be assembled, undergo hardware testing, have the latest firmware loaded, then undergo final testing. This is how the boutique manufacturing process works.
</vacuum>
Were you just trying to restate what I said?

On the list!!! Can't wait. Really enjoying the FX8 right now. I'm running it with the 4 cable method...I just can't get over how there is no Hum whatsoever..Even with my amp at high volumes.

Were you just trying to restate what I said?
No, just piggy backing... trying to help people realize that FAS is not likely getting big containers full of AX8s ready to be delivered to customers' doors next week. "Containers" is usually OEM-speak for "the stuff on is a boat" and more truth is typically found in what is not said than what is said.

Back
Top Bottom