Marshalls on 10

Had to move some stuff around cause I'm on the FM3. I'm surprised by this, You would think it'd be a complete mess. But it's not. More gain than I usually use but it sounds good, and no fizzy decay. Pretty much fizz free. I don't get it.

Had to move some stuff around cause I'm on the FM3. I'm surprised by this, You would think it'd be a complete mess. But it's not. More gain than I usually use but it sounds good, and no fizzy decay. Pretty much fizz free. I don't get it.
I was thinking the exact same thing, that it was going to be a big mess, but it ended up sounding really good! I've always heard some of the greats
ran their Marshalls that way, but till now, haven't had any luck with it.

Gonna explore these tonight, I'm searching for a good (bite your ass) tone without the fizz in the FM9 world, there are tons of great tones but not "the one". Thanks!!
J.

Going to give these a shot tonight, thanks for sharing!

The Marshall's were a little lower down on my list of favorite gainy models in the Axe III (that list is long tho so it's not such a bad thing, so many great ones to choose from) but then I hit on a couple cabs that really spoke to me (and I guess my guitar/pickups) with them and they moved up the list fast lol!! An example was preset 10 (scene 2), an 800 patch I believe - man I just trimmed the low end a hair (cab cut around 80hz), swapped out the default IR with factory 2 #757 and whoa, now we're talking, sounds killer in a mix!!! Looking forward to checking these out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom