Marshall Plexi #39 Mod Tone Match

Heinzi

Inspired
Hey Folks,
wanted to share with you the TM i did with my #39 modded Plexi!
Just use the 800 Mod Amp, attached for your Library and the .syx file in the cab block-no additonal Cab IR needed.
The orginal file had a little bumb at 600Hz - notch that to your taste;)
Enjoy!

Attachments

• SIR#39.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 209
  • SIR39 Tone Match_20230914_161215.blk
    1.8 KB · Views: 215
I'll have to try this.
I've totally hated every #39 tone I've ever played through, every platform.
Must be me, they're, how you say, Legendary.

I'll have to try this.
I've totally hated every #39 tone I've ever played through, every platform.
Must be me, they're, how you say, Legendary.
I know what you mean - i´ve gotten rid the bright cap - otherwise you´d be able to cut glas with the #39:). This one still has enough brightness though

I know what you mean - i´ve gotten rid the bright cap - otherwise you´d be able to cut glas with the #39:). This one still has enough brightness though
It's not just highs though.
There's an upper mid honky thing that's really unattractive to me.
But obviously I'm Wrong, it's so well loved.

This is awesome - thank you!

Is there a way to emulate the mod on one of the Plexi models directly within the cab block...?

This is awesome - thank you!

Is there a way to emulate the mod on one of the Plexi models directly within the cab block...?
I tried but never seemed to get that same sound. There´s the 800 Mod and the #34 Mod among the Axe Modesl-maybe you could take it from there with a bit of tweaking?

Hello @Heinzi . Your ToneMatch sound very well with the BRIT SUPER Model.
"BRIT SUPER" model is a Marshall JMP 1959T Super Lead (Tremolo), i think it's same amp of the famous #39 use by Slash and George Lynch.

The amp had been modded by Tim Caswell, who used the extra Tremolo 12ax7, to produce more gain. Also added a master volume control.

Back
Top Bottom