Marshall HJS JVM Midi issues with FX8

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I have not tried my new Joe Satch Marshall HJS in midi mode with the FX8 but according to a fella in the Marshall forum his does not work with his HJS.
1)Anyone using your FX8 to control a head via Midi?
2)Heard of this or any heads not working due to Edit or other?

i think buddy had an issue with his head at the end of the day. There should be no reason the midi doesn't work fro you.

I have not tried my new Joe Satch Marshall HJS in midi mode with the FX8 but according to a fella in the Marshall forum his does not work with his HJS.

Hi,
I'm using a FX8 and a Mashall JVM410H, and I've no problem to switch the channels with MIDI (relays don't work).

I use my FX8 with a Marshall JVM410H. It works very well indeed.

When setting it up I actually learnt something new about midi with the JVM too. It is possible to set 128 combinations of channel selections, master setting, loop setting & reverb setting. Yes I previously knew that midi had that amount available but not that the JVM could use that many permutations. Hence I was pleasantly surprised.

Furthermore the parallel loop works seamlessly with the FX8. I am very pleased with that as previous gear has not! Selecting loop on/ off on the amp or true bypass on the FX8 give no change of volume at all.

All in all it works very well with the 410H.

That would be me! I have a support request open with Fractal, they are investigating.

Fatjac, my 410H works, it's my HJS that wont. They have a different midi implementation.

Back
Top Bottom