Marshall 1960BX megapack, several classic mics (250 impulses)

aziz

Power User
Hi!

Here's a big bunch of Marshall 4x12 impulses, around 250 in total. Rocking through Classic API preamp and several classic mics (with the mic+DI-method):

Beyerdynamic M160
Beyerdynamic M88
Beyerdynamic M201
Sennheiser MD421-2
Shure SM57
Shure SM7b
NoHype audio LRM-2
Neumann u67 clone

The m201 still reigns as my favorite, it seems to be very difficult to get a bad tone out of this one. SM57 of course provides the classic face melting bite, while the Sennheiser MD421 tops out even that with incredible eyeball-melting scream.

The cab has 2 Greenbacks, G12H 70th anniversary and some other G12H, all the speakers are sampled individually. Don't ask which is which, I don't remember anymore... Included are also a few bonus shots of a regular well-used 1960a.

marshall-1960bx-727413.jpg 20160525_155208.jpg

Zipped package here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktqaly4zz4qvqcr/Marshall 1960ax big.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
Sorry but no, I just rolled through cabs and things and didn't save anything. I remember that the first was a Plexi 100w and the clean after that is Vox ac15, the rest are random amps and random IRs.

Last edited:
Sorry but no, I just rolled through cabs and things and didn't save anything. I remember that the first was a Plexi 100w and the clean after that is Vox ac15, the rest are random amps and random IRs.

Cool thanks.

First of all, Sorry for using not perfect English. I'm Japanese.
I usually use Cabinet simulator called 'NadIR'. But it can read only .WAV files. Your file includes .ir and .syx data. so, how to use this?
thank you.

These are made with AxeFx2 and use the fractal audio file format, there's no converter to wav.

Aziz, thank you for wonderful Marshall cab IRs.
One of the best free 1960 IRs and I think it can even compete with paid IRs - i swapped my Plexi preset's cab from "4x12 FRACTAL GB M160 " to your "1960_m201_006.syx"!

Back
Top Bottom