Marshall 1960AV - New speakers: "Mesa V30", Eminence DV77, G12M65

Matthes

I really like my Marshall 1960AV cab - but there is a little too much high frequency "fizz" for my liking.
Now I ordered 2x Eminence DV77, 2x Celestion G12M65 and 2x Celestion V30 from Mesa Boogie - all speakers are 8 ohm versions.
The attached folder contains the impulse responses for all speakers (48kHz, 200ms, minimum phase, mic: SM57).
Except for the "Mesa V30s" (due to lack of time), I tested the speakers in all 4 positions (labeled as A,B,C,D) of the 1960AV cab.
The additionally included "Mix" IRs are simply combinations of the 4 different speaker positions.
I tried to keep the microphone positions the same for each speaker position after swapping the speakers.
The original V30s are already broken in,all other speakers are brand new and I may re-measure some IRs in a few months (I am curious if there will be a big difference).
I ended up with a mix of "Mesa V30" and the DV77s in X-pattern and I am really happy with the upgrade (but I think the G12M are excellent speakers as well).

Attachments

• Mar1960AV_ImpulseResponses_20211113.zip
    243.6 KB · Views: 65
I spent a few minutes trying out these IRs. They're great. I like them all. Thanks so much for making them and sharing!

Back
Top Bottom