Marshall 1959 SLP - Plexi preset build

Paul Bradshaw

Inspired

new one for this week using the 1959 SLP model + dyna cabs

touch sensitive tones, going from clean to pretty gained up all with the volume knob, a lot of fun, without destroying your ear drums =)

made this with my Telecaster, works really well i think for single coils

thanks for checking it out

That’s very cool Paul that is really a nice sound I’m going to give it a go Thank You. Can’t wait to see what it sounds like through my gear.

That’s very cool Paul that is really a nice sound I’m going to give it a go Thank You. Can’t wait to see what it sounds like through my gear.
thanks , i really like it with single coils, but i only currently have one standard tuned HSS strat, i'm on the lookout for something back in the humbucker world , maybe an offset guitar/PRS or an SG again, who knows, it'll give me some more variety on setting up tones as well

Hi Paul when I set up your patch I’ll play with Ibanez custom with humbuckers & then a strat, I’m sure they will both sound great. I usually have to brighten the humbuckers a little I’ll report back when I have messed around with it. I also will try it with noiseless 4 pickups should be fun.

Have a great day

Fred

Hi Paul when I set up your patch I’ll play with Ibanez custom with humbuckers & then a strat, I’m sure they will both sound great. I usually have to brighten the humbuckers a little I’ll report back when I have messed around with it. I also will try it with noiseless 4 pickups should be fun.

Have a great day

Fred
awesome =) look forward to hearing what you think

That 59 Plexi is really a great sounding amp I spent some time with it I was able to play a strat and my Ibanez with humbuckers really sounded nice especially loved rolling back the volume to clean it up and hitting the gas. That filter and lowering the gain really smooth it out.
I’m hoping to sit down and mess around some more I just didn’t have the time I wanted to today.
To many things happening that where keeping me busy. Really enjoyed messing around with it today and I was surprised that the humbuckers had a really bright sound.

Great sounding amp. What kind of speakers are you playing through just curious? I’m still playing through my peavey 15” and 12” scorpions still sounds good but I really want to try the frfr stuff.

Fun stuff

Thanks Paul

That 59 Plexi is really a great sounding amp I spent some time with it I was able to play a strat and my Ibanez with humbuckers really sounded nice especially loved rolling back the volume to clean it up and hitting the gas. That filter and lowering the gain really smooth it out.
I’m hoping to sit down and mess around some more I just didn’t have the time I wanted to today.
To many things happening that where keeping me busy. Really enjoyed messing around with it today and I was surprised that the humbuckers had a really bright sound.

Great sounding amp. What kind of speakers are you playing through just curious? I’m still playing through my peavey 15” and 12” scorpions still sounds good but I really want to try the frfr stuff.

Fun stuff

Thanks Paul
great 😊 thanks for the feedback

i was playing it through my studio monitors (a set of Genelec 8020) with a bit of volume i can imagine you get all the cool interaction between guitar/pickup and the speaker sound as well, it's where i dial all in my presets and mix music

i play with IEMs with the band (in ear monitors) otherwise so i can't really comment on how it would sound through more traditional guitar speakers, I'm also yet to try FRFR, I'm curious how that would sound

That sounds great! I especially liked the filter + Bender fuzz tone. Nothing beats a dynamic Marshall sound IMHO.

I always use delay before amp. If it gets too messy, try lowering the mix. You can go as low as 5 %. I’ve just found out the cabinet also plays a big role when using delay before amp. With my 8 ohm G12T75 cab I can easily crank the mix to 15% and it sounds glorious, but with my 16 ohm cab that has the same speakers the delay gets too much in the way already around 10%. Might have something to do with how the speaker compresses the sound, but I do think my 8 ohm and 16 ohm speakers sound different. If that’s too complicated, just use it after the amp.

That sounds great! I especially liked the filter + Bender fuzz tone. Nothing beats a dynamic Marshall sound IMHO.

I always use delay before amp. If it gets too messy, try lowering the mix. You can go as low as 5 %. I’ve just found out the cabinet also plays a big role when using delay before amp. With my 8 ohm G12T75 cab I can easily crank the mix to 15% and it sounds glorious, but with my 16 ohm cab that has the same speakers the delay gets too much in the way already around 10%. Might have something to do with how the speaker compresses the sound, but I do think my 8 ohm and 16 ohm speakers sound different. If that’s too complicated, just use it after the amp.
thanks 🙏 there's something magic about getting those i guess oldschool like tones with all the noise 😄 at manageable volume levels no less, totally agree on how addictive that sort of tone and dynamics are

Back
Top Bottom