• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Marsha "in a room" recording

JohnIce

Regular
I made this only because some tube purist wanted to hear if I could replicate a basic, unprocessed amp tone. I understood from the conversation that this guy is talking about the sound you get sitting next to an amp, and not the mic'd sound of an amp. So I get to work :) Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDAursDZXFk

JohnIce

Regular
Scott Peterson said:
Really good - though I honestly prefer the 'dry' version; your room sounds boomy to me.

Great tone, btw!!
Thanks, man! Yeah my room is an acoustic catastrophy, I'm getting flutter echo just from typing this :lol:

JohnIce

Regular
Cheers guys :) Some of you make awesome tones, so it's great to know you like my stuff :)

danny said:
great! can you share the preset?
It's butt-simple actually, Marsha BE with Boost on and a slight raise on the mid and treb knobs, with some extra master. That goes into the 4x12 JM2000 cab with R121, and that's it.

Top Bottom