AFIII Marchione 59 Burst & Axe FX III

@Camilo,
Other than the price of those guitars, what makes you say they are "unreal" ?
I've had the chance to play three. I had two on loan for about 7 months... his 335-style, and his Les Paul-style... and now this one I have on loan is another 335-style (59 burst is the actual model name). All I can say is, it feels like every inch of this instrument was made with intention. As crazy as this sounds, it's only 1 inch thick, but it sustains three times longer than my vintage Gibson 335. He told me he spends a lot of time picking and tuning the woods, and then putting the right woods together, so that probably explains why it sustains so much. Aside from that, it is incredibly easy to play. He has made all kinds of contours in the neck and heel to where you can play anything low or high, even in the highest frets, and it's incredibly comfortable. It also stays in tune and intonates perfectly all throughout. Finally, the pickups sound great. I've already played some high gain stuff, and it doesn't squeal or feed back like a traditional semi hollow. I often sound with newer Gibsons that the neck was always too muddy for the bridge. This feels very balanced... just right. Super light weight.

But yeah, they're really expensive! I couldn't afford one even if I sold a bunch of guitars, but if you ever get a chance to play one, it's a very cool experience.

Back
Top Bottom