Managing Infinite ir's in Axe Fx XL+???

rcd

Inspired
There are soo many ir's and my 1000 user slots are just not enough. Do you guys have any strategies to manage your cabs? Any ideas how to audition ir's in a Pro Tools mix so I can narrow the options? Too many options is a great problem to have but I need some help with a plan to get down to the best ones that work in the context of my Pro Tools Mixes(PT 12 HDX Native).
Thanks!
Rich

Can I use Cablab as a plugin in Pro Tools? So I'll record a track with the Axe Fx Amp with NO cab, then sort through all the options using Cablab - Will this work? How many ir's can I load in the Plugin Version of Cablab? Does Cablab work in Pro Tools 12 HD Native?
Are there links to step by step instructions on how to set up Cablab as a plugin for my intended purpose?

I had the Cab Lab plugin working in Pro Tools 12 Native on Windows 10.

I don't use it currently. I was attempting to get into a reamping style workflow for guitar and bass but never got there. I'm still old school and just track directly using analog.

For the Cab Lab plugin, since it's not AAX, I used a VST host from Bluecat Audio. Very solid in the amount of time I tried it. But I didn't stay with it too long.

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/

Back
Top Bottom