Making Ultra Res IR's

indeloon85

Inspired
So I just wanted to clarify. In order for me to make Ultra res IR's, I need Cab Lab correct? I'm on a mac, so I'm not sure if there are any 3rd party applications I could use. Also, FAS is where I would get the Ultra Res IR's if I wanted to buy them correct?

I want to buy the cab pack 5, and curious about the cab pack 4 also. I can't seem to find any audio samples of the cabs online, so it's hard to make that call which one would be better (I play all different styles so either one would be fine, stylistically).

Or should I go the cab-lab route, and buy some ownhammer IR's? And would I just convert their WAV files? I guess i'm still not entirely sure the process.

*Better* is a relative term. I've not heard complaints on any of the Cab packs, so really just read up on the IR forum and make a choice. Yes, buy your IR's from the Fractal site.

And you have to decide how much flexibility you want. I think CabLab is a good buy if you want to get granular with your tone. If the stock IR's aren't doing it for you, try many of the other free choices 1st and use them with CabLab...just to test.

Good luck.

IMO, YMMV, yada.

You can shoot ultra res IRs with just the Axe II, but you won't be able to later mix it with other IRs in Cab Lab. If you shoot it with Cab Lab instead, you can create mixes with it and other IRs. Also, you can only convert Wav files into ultra res IRs with Cab Lab.

Back
Top Bottom