making the leap

Cainer

Experienced
Got a gig tomorrow and I'm leaving the Super Reverb at home and going Axe II.

I've used it live for my rock cover band, but this is for my blues/rock/funk band, and to this point it's been tubes all the way. Cranked it up through my QSC K12 and it just sounds so good. Dropped the 8K and higher bands on the global output eq to get rid of some high end glassiness and it just sounds great.

Also going to be great to be able to adjust volume to venue. This is an outdoor gig where last year we got a noise complaint and then had to play the rest of the gig with my Super 'castrated' by low volume.

Crossing my fingers -- this is a new era...maybe.

woohoo! great tone at any volume what a concept! have fun and remember to play the music and not the dials :)

Well, it went great! Only had time to set up one patch on my Ground Control Pro with switchable drive, delay, and auto-wah, plus an X/Y on the reverb to kick it up a notch for "Misirlou". Sounded great, plenty of volume through the QSC K12. I think this is my new live rig.

Welcome to the world of the "all you had, and a bunch more." You'll love it. Still got my Super, but it lives in my music room now, enjoying a well-deserved retirement! :)

Got a gig tomorrow and I'm leaving the Super Reverb at home and going Axe II.

I've used it live for my rock cover band, but this is for my blues/rock/funk band, and to this point it's been tubes all the way. Cranked it up through my QSC K12 and it just sounds so good. Dropped the 8K and higher bands on the global output eq to get rid of some high end glassiness and it just sounds great.

Also going to be great to be able to adjust volume to venue. This is an outdoor gig where last year we got a noise complaint and then had to play the rest of the gig with my Super 'castrated' by low volume.

Crossing my fingers -- this is a new era...maybe.

Do you just go thru one K12 or do you have two? Also, what made you decide on this particular speaker?

I have so many questions about different speakers, etc. but it is hard to get a straight answer from anyone. People rarely go into the Amps and Cab section.

Do you just go thru one K12 or do you have two? Also, what made you decide on this particular speaker?

I have so many questions about different speakers, etc. but it is hard to get a straight answer from anyone. People rarely go into the Amps and Cab section.

I just used the one. In my rock cover band there's another guitarist and I use the K12 as a monitor and go through the PA. For the blues thing it's just a trio. I picked the K12 based on a lot of internet research and hearsay to be honest. I think it sounds killer. Can be very bright, but I think that's the Axe maybe more than the K12. I cut 8K and whatever the band(s) above the are on the global eq out and it fixes that ice-picky sound. I should qualify my opinion with the fact that I don't have much experience with different powered speakers, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. I had the K12 up about halfway, and the Axe output up about 2/3 and it could hang with a drummer and bass player. We weren't playing quietly by any stretch ;) Two of them would be monstrous (in a good way). They are heavy, but compared to a Super Reverb might as well be a helium balloon.

Back
Top Bottom