Making sure I got this setup right...AxeFXII + MatrixGT800FX + Mesa4x12StilettoCab

Ok, I'm just paranoid I'm gonna blow something up...

So the Fractal unit is set to Left Output 1 (L+R Sum) and XLR cable connected to Output 1 Left. Then XLR connected to the Matrix amp Input A and set to Parallel. Then a 1/4" from Output A to the Mesa cab 8 ohm In.

I was also thinking of setting up a stereo output with just one cab. Would you recommend stereo over mono?

If I have this correct, I'd connect via XLR Output 1 L and R to the Matrix Input A and B and set it to Stereo output and connect two 1/4" cables from Matrix's Output A and B to Mesa cab's two 4 ohm split/stereo inputs.

Ya?

Thanks!
John

If the Mesa cab is stereo I would recommend that. That is how I run my Mesa cab (which IS stereo).

The rule-of-thumb is to start with the volumes on everything all the way down. Bring things up slowly. If you don't get any sound or things don't sound right, stop immediately and check all your connections.

And in the interest of not blowing things up... make sure that you're using speaker cables from the poweramp to the cab, not guitar cables....:D

Ya haha ordered a couple of Mogami Studio Gold XLR 3 footers from the Axe to the Matrix and a couple of Monster SP1000 3-foot speaker cables to the Mesa cab...

Eventually, I'm going to get another cab for true stereo!

Back
Top Bottom