Making an "FX Loop" toggle preset.

Ok @Romo82 here it is using your preset. Only uses one send/return. Just use a switch to turn on/off the return 1 block. Also, make sure to set the effects bypass states to thru instead of the normal Mute FX in for parallel stuff. That assumes you'll never have the "loop" on without any of those effects engaged.
The send/return there do the same thing as just running cab into a volume or filer block (mute bypass) where the return block is. That will either boost dry level when you add the effect path, or require one more of those effects to be at 100% mix, which probably isn't desirable in most cases. Posts #4 & #10 here illustrate two ways to avoid those issues.

You don't really need two identical amp blocks there. Route the two rows into a multiplexer just before one amp block. Assign a control switch to multiplexer input and delay input gain parameters. (This will allow separate Mute FX In bypass of delay, otherwise you could just assign CS to delay bypass.)
Took me a minute to figure out what you were saying there, but I got it.

The send/return there do the same thing as just running cab into a volume or filer block (mute bypass) where the return block is. That will either boost dry level when you add the effect path, or require one more of those effects to be at 100% mix, which probably isn't desirable in most cases. Posts #4 & #10 here illustrate two ways to avoid those issues.
I'm guessing that OP wanted those effects at 100% wet based on the image in the original post. I could be wrong though.

I'm guessing that OP wanted those effects at 100% wet based on the image in the original post. I could be wrong though.
I don't think that's very likely. Consider what would happen when reverb and one or both delays are on. You wouldn't hear any normal delay repeats, just a bunch of reverb that begins later.

I don't think that's very likely. Consider what would happen when reverb and one or both delays are on. You wouldn't hear any normal delay repeats, just a bunch of reverb that begins later.
Ah yeah. I see. Going back and reading the OP again, he's not wanting to just engage the effects path but to switch to that path.

That works but the routing from @sprint in post #4 does the same thing with two fewer blocks. Filter, mixer or multiplexer blocks can also be used in place of the vol/pans there.
Yeah, there are a few ways to get it done. I'm not trying to compete here, just exploring various solutions.

Volume/Pan, Filter, Send/Return all seem to work well. I can get the multiplexer and mixer to work well too, but I think the preset the OP first posted needs one more column to make it work (or send/return blocks)? In this case I removed a drive block to be able to get the signal down to row 3 before the m-plex block.

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 1.43.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 1.54.08 PM.png

Yeah this works.

In this one, the dry path has Send 1 and Return 1.
The effects path has Send 2 and Return 2.
Scene 1 has Return 2 set to Mute FX Out.
Scene 2 has Return 1 set to Mute FX Out.

View attachment 120629
Using of the Send / Return like this is really cool and not something I'd really thought of doing before (always used it just to get from one line to another) so gonna add this to my toolbox.

I can get the multiplexer and mixer to work well too, but I think the preset the OP first posted needs one more column to make it work (or send/return blocks)? In this case I removed a drive block to be able to get the signal down to row 3 before the m-plex block.
There's no need to branch to two shunts in separate rows before the mplex or mixer blocks. Branch from the cab block to both mplex/mixer blocks. Make the control switch toggle between row 2 and any other row in the mplex blocks (oppositely, so only one lets row 2 through at a time). Or assign two opposing row 2 level modifiers in the mixer blocks.

Back
Top Bottom