Make an electric guitar sound like an acoustic

Taco

Hi,

I know that an electric guitar with magnetic pickups will never sound like an acoustic, but would you guys have some hints, to make a preset on my XL which I could use with my electric guitar, to come as close as possible to an acceptable acoustic guitar sound ?

I've been tweaking a little with a PEQ into a COMP into the ODS100 Clean AMP, some Chorus, Delay and Reverb, but no CAB block, but I'm not really happy.

At home I found a paper copy of a few pages of "Yek's How tos guide" (dated 2010) . . . He had put a couple of links to some topics about how to make an electric guitar sound like an acoustic . . . Hardly enough none of the links seems to be working . . . I have also searched the forum here (very quickly I admit), but can't seem to find the info I'm looking for.

Up to now I have never paid any attention to Tonematch, but would that be a way ? Find a good acoustic guitar sound file, and use that with Tone match ?

Thanks a lot for yous answers and have a great day/weekend,

Taco

3sigma acoustic IRs plus some EQ gives a pretty decent acoustic tone. Can't post links yet, it's 3sigmaaudio dot com.

Hi,

I know that an electric guitar with magnetic pickups will never sound like an acoustic, but would you guys have some hints, to make a preset on my XL which I could use with my electric guitar, to come as close as possible to an acceptable acoustic guitar sound ?

I've been tweaking a little with a PEQ into a COMP into the ODS100 Clean AMP, some Chorus, Delay and Reverb, but no CAB block, but I'm not really happy.

At home I found a paper copy of a few pages of "Yek's How tos guide" (dated 2010) . . . He had put a couple of links to some topics about how to make an electric guitar sound like an acoustic . . . Hardly enough none of the links seems to be working . . . I have also searched the forum here (very quickly I admit), but can't seem to find the info I'm looking for.

Up to now I have never paid any attention to Tonematch, but would that be a way ? Find a good acoustic guitar sound file, and use that with Tone match ?

Thanks a lot for yous answers and have a great day/weekend,

Taco

Try this one: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/download.php?preset=5007

Hi everybody, I quite liked the acoustic Sim of Yek's link, but haven't been convinced by Mr. nobody's link. Didn't have the time to look at or listen to 3Sigma, but purchased Mokes Acoustic Sim which I will try out to night . . . Anyhow, I just wanted to thank all of you for your input.

Taco

I tried Moke's Acoustic Sim and loved it . . . Thanks a lot guys . . . I do have another question which I posted somehow (but probably not clearly enough) in another topic, but maybe you guys can guide me a little further . . . I love my presets played with my Axe-FX directly connected to a Matrix Q12A . . . The same presets sound "different" (not to say "bad"), through my PA . . . Instead of having to create 2 different sets of presets, I was hoping to be able to find an acceptable Global EQ (or ToneMatch) solution, to make all my Matrix presets sound almost the same on my PA (YAmaha 03D Digital Mixer into QSC K-SUB + 2 QSC K-10s) . . . Any hints or suggestions ?

Thanks and have a nice day/evening,

Taco

I tried Moke's Acoustic Sim and loved it . . . Thanks a lot guys . . . I do have another question which I posted somehow (but probably not clearly enough) in another topic, but maybe you guys can guide me a little further . . . I love my presets played with my Axe-FX directly connected to a Matrix Q12A . . . The same presets sound "different" (not to say "bad"), through my PA . . . Instead of having to create 2 different sets of presets, I was hoping to be able to find an acceptable Global EQ (or ToneMatch) solution, to make all my Matrix presets sound almost the same on my PA (YAmaha 03D Digital Mixer into QSC K-SUB + 2 QSC K-10s) . . . Any hints or suggestions ?

Thanks and have a nice day/evening,

Taco
Push up the volume of your home PA to band volume, adjust to taste, and it should sound good on your Matrix after. Other solution : use output 1 for PA use and output 2 for home and monitor use. Adjust output 1 EQ to taste at a decent (high enough) volume for PA.

Back
Top Bottom