Major Problems with Ultra

joetdc

All of a sudden it sounds like my ultra is watered down. The digital effects seem to be there but the distortion in just no there. Almost sounds like when your battery is starting to go on active pick ups. Brown sound sounds like crap. Brit crunch is clean just to name a few. Sustain is all but gone. All patches seem problamatic. i upgraded from 10.5 to 11.0, tried differnt guitars, changed the cables, no luck. I had not modified or changed anything prior to this.

Did you check the global settings, just to see if something like power amp emulation or cab simulation were turned off/on during the upgrade? Also, how are you using your Ultra right now, as far as FRFR or through poweramp/cab, etc?

I tried resetting once and it did not work. Just tried it again and Bingo. Back to normal. Thanks for the help.

This happened with my Ultra a few times over the past week. Powering down and back on resolved it. Is there something that would be causing this?

I believe I have the same issue. If I reset the system parameters will this reset the banks to factory presets? If so When I restore my back up will the problem come back with the back up?

Things that could cause low gain issues on a normal operting axe-fx:
Is there any midi gear, that could have sent CC messages to set the input volume to a lower value?
Or are there any externals programmed in the presets that want to be loaded with 100% at startup?
Is the right input jack selected in the i/o menu?

I believe I have the same issue. If I reset the system parameters will this reset the banks to factory presets? If so When I restore my back up will the problem come back with the back up?
System parameters aren't presets.

Back
Top Bottom